CTA Due Dates in Rules Engine - Can we map it to a variable?

Related products: CS Cockpit & Playbooks

Hello,

Today in the "Call To Action" action within Rules Engine, it looks like the Due Dates can only be set relative to "Run Date + n Days".

Are there plans in the future to allow CTA Due Dates to be mapped to a variable rather than the Run Date?

Best,

Isaac

Hi Isaac,

Thanks for posting.

I like the idea, could you please let us know the exact use-case, so that we would check for any workaround.

Thanks

Sairam.P

Hi !

I have a use case for this as well. Was a work around determined? I would like to populate due dates for success plans based on the renewal date of the customer.

Thank you.

Hi Hillary,

Can you share the use case you have? As of now the only option available in rule run date + X days. If you can share some details about your use case, wil check if there is any way to achieve it

Hi @aditya_marla. My use case is that I need to populate multiple success plans for renewals that are upcoming this year and I need the due dates to correspond with the renewal date - not the run date.

Hi Hillary,

Thanks for sharing more deatails. Do you want to create the SP's for all renewals in the year at once? Or is there any time frame...eg create a SP X months before renewal.

Would this work for you: Write a rule that runs daily to pull in all customers which have renwal date = next 30 days...for them create a SP with due date = Rule run date + 30 days.

Since the rule runs daily, it will keep creating SPs for upcoming renewals (it is not super efficient, but it should get the job done)

I think this should be converted to an idea post. I’m running into the same need of having renewal date of an account be the dynamic due date of a CTA.

Thank you @sarah.kiani. It’s a valid use case. We will evaluate if we can enhance CTA 2.0 action to accomodate this.

@sriram pasupathi - Any update on this one? We would love to see this as well.

I would love to see this implemented in Gainsight as we, Bugcrowd have a use case where we need to setup specific dates as the Due dates instead of Run date + n Days

Updated idea statusAcknowledgedCLOSED (DUPLICATE)
Idea merged into:

All the votes from this idea have been transferred.