Closing CTAs through Rules

Related products: None

I know this was posted customer facing, but wanted to expand internally.

This is becoming a more frequent request. We really don't seem to have any way to close CTAs at a more discrete level than Customer & Reason. Meaning I need to create unique reason codes for any CTAs I may want to close through automation.

We really only need an update on the CTA table.

Could we leverage the "create CTA" UI and once we change the radial button to close, the same function happens with update rather than upsert?

So then I could use up to 5 criteria to "update"/close CTA's?

Would really expand automation we can do, and take out some of the busy work for CSM's.
Pretty sure this needs to be done.  I have multiple customers asking for it, one that has a CEO Escalation issue currently.
Are we not able to control the CTA's by limiting the # of records the rule is processing

We usually do this by date filter which limits to record to only that got modified yesterday.

This is part of the roadmap, but we do not have an ETA as of yet.
I don't believe that works.  I tried to limit last week by targeting the CTA object, but it still closes out both CTA's with the same Reason.  Also, targeting CTA's by a date is generally difficult because CTA's could have been opened on many different days but suddenly have criteria change where the customer now wants them closed.
Sundar - I don't know for sure...but I feel like its really only taking a "true/false" at the account level into the action. (Especially since I can use almost any source object I want, it doesn't have to be CTAs).

Then in the action I can specify a Reason/Status to narrow down from account.

I don't know if others have had a different experience.
Sorry, I was not clear. I meant to ask whether the creation of CTA not be controlled instead of looking for ways to close it. 

Both of your observation is precise.