CTA Comments similar to Timeline Comments

Related products: None

We’re about to go live with our migration from SFDC edition to NXT edition and one of the significant downsides our UAT users have noticed is the inability to use Chatter or similar commenting functionality on the CTA detail view as they could in SFDC edition. The bare minimum we would expect here is Comments similar to what’s on Timeline updates. Internal collaboration is key and having it documented within Gainsight rather than hidden away in emails and Slack messages is not the route we want to go back towards. 

@foster.sean92 @lindseyyoung5 @jean.nairon @CurtisValentine @sroma @mathieu.brillon @sacha thoughts?

That’s a great idea for improving collaboration!

Our org would benefit a great deal from this one too

@gunjanm One way you can do this now is by adding a timeline activity against a CTA from CTA detail page and having further conversation within that timeline entry. This helps you access any collaboration that happens with respect to that account from both timeline and cockpit. Further, if you want to separate this conversation from rest of the timeline activities, you can create a new activity type and name it ‘internal chatter’. This will help you quickly filter the internal chatter in global timeline, account C360 timeline and in cockpit CTA detail timeline.

Please let me know if this helps.

Hi @sriram pasupathi this is exactly what I have suggested internally for the time being. However, there is not always a particular timeline activity that the conversation is actually about. I do like the idea of an Internal Chatter activity type; however, this raises the question of potentially locking down the ability to comment on other timeline activity types in order to ensure nothing is missed from internal comments. 

Overall, looking for more collaboration areas across the platform. Success Plan viewers (unlicensed), for example, should have an area to discuss rather than only being able to edit certain fields and check off objectives. 

@gunjanm Thanks for the feedback. Other than the proposed solution, we don’t have anything is pipeline to immediately solve this. But we understand the need for collaboration across the platform. We will consider this problem as a part of future roadmap.

@aditya_marla SP collaboration - FYI

@sriram pasupathi  - can we please move this up? While I see the workaround in Timeline- it doesnt make much sense as Timeline is reserved for important moments/events (at least thats how our org views it). CTAs are more task oriented and it would be great to comment on the task with @ capabilities (i.e. “@person how are we doing on this task?)

Thanks

Alex

I’d love to see a general comments section at the c360 level we could leverage (basically like having a chatter) as earlier posts say sometimes the conversation has nothing to do with a timeline entry - often, as the admin, I’m just looking to let someone know I’ve fixed/tweaked something on account for them, or the CSM is asking me why something looks off. Right now that conversation ends up on slack which isn’t great experience for anyone and isn’t recorded for future people to see. 

Having on CTA’s and tasks would also be incredibly useful for managers chasing updates on when something has/hasn’t been done, or for CS to outline the progress being made towards it. 

I’d love to see a general comments section at the c360 level we could leverage (basically like having a chatter) as earlier posts say sometimes the conversation has nothing to do with a timeline entry - often, as the admin, I’m just looking to let someone know I’ve fixed/tweaked something on account for them, or the CSM is asking me why something looks off. Right now that conversation ends up on slack which isn’t great experience for anyone and isn’t recorded for future people to see. 

Having on CTA’s and tasks would also be incredibly useful for managers chasing updates on when something has/hasn’t been done, or for CS to outline the progress being made towards it. 

I think this is super useful. I also think that some of the need to increase documentation can be solved by a more robust field/account changelog/history whatever you want to call it process. That way you can also key fields to show who made an update and when, so it’s much easier to spot (and report on if needed!).

Hello everyone, while we don’t have immediate plans, we understand how this might be useful. We will do some analysis around this and try to add it to the roadmap. Thanks for all the feedback. We will get back if required.