CTA and Timeline Status connection

Related products: None

HELLO AWESOME Product team,

So I just had a conversation with a CSM and they had a great idea. The way we use CTA/Timeline is when a CTA is created we encourage our CSM to entry timeline entires from the CTA so that all driveable and driven action are group together in one place for a particular situation. 

So when that CTA goal is complete they are asked to close the CTA and move on. This action also then closes all the active task but the timeline entry stay active. 

MY ASK: is there a way of closing the timeline entry that are attached to a CTA when the CTA is closed? Again I always like to recongnize that you guys have to build for the masses. Not sure if that would be an all or nothing solutions or possible an option within Admin settings. 

Best Regards,

Darshana Shah

@kate_green  @kate_peter 

@darshana.shah Thank you for your praise! That’s a valid ask. Let me check with the team and get back to you on this. 

@darshana.shah Thanks for your feedback, you said - “is there a way of closing the timeline entry”, so do you mean to close all the tasks of Timeline entry (Tasks that were created from Timeline Composer) or is there something else in your mind?

IMO - It would be awesome if closing a task could create a timeline entry. CSMs do complain that they have to close a task and then log an action on the timeline. It would be great if closing the task could be configured to add a pre-configured timeline entry.

Interesting use-case. There’s no immediate plan to support this and will prioritize it based on the number of asks. Thanks for sharing.