CSM mapping on Gainsight Connect Company object

Related products: None

In the new Gainsight Connect feature, the Company object (over in MDA) brings together Customer Info and Account. One of the default mappings is for "CSM," which itself is a lookup over to the User object. All well and good.

Except the assumption was made in the default mapping that the CSM is the owner of the Account in Salesforce. That doesn't match our reality in most cases.

Seems like that should either use the CSM field mapping on the Customers screen, or at least let us specify what user lookup field to use.
 Jeff- Thanks for your quick feedback on Company Object. I got the same question in the Customer Webinar that we just finished a couple minutes ago. Let me review this further and update you.
Jeff, It looks like you can change the field label in Data Management. As a short term solution, you may want to change the label and then add a new custom field on the company object that maps the correct value in. 
Ashok, could we add the ability to 'hide' this CSM field if it is not applicable for a customer?
Joseph -- Custom field I've already done.

But when viewing the Customer object, the CSM field has only the "eyeball" icon, not the pencil. When I click that I'm taken to a view-only view of the field details. If you or the Gainsight team are seeing something different that'd be useful to know.
Good catch, visually it looks like you could click in it, but unfortunately you can't. Sorry about that!
The ability to change the field that route to the CSM filed would be huge for us as well. Or potentially even the ability to remove it. Our org is moving to the use of territories so the CSM owner will soon no longer be on the SF Account page. 
Samantha- Thanks for your feedback. We are working internally to give the ability to change the field mapping (In the same Interface or Administration CSM field)  and planning to address sooner than waiting for the next major release. Will get the ETA in next a couple of days.
Hi Ashok - Any update on this? Having the ability to manually choose the CSM mapping would save a lot of extra work for many of my customers. Thanks!
Hi Everyone, 

We have made the mapping of the standard fields editable in the GS Connect.

By default, all the standard fields will be mapped but user will have the ability to edit the mapping in the mapping screen

i.e CSM mapping now editable

Gainsight Connect uses the last modified date timestamp to import the data from salesforce.

Import Now/Scheduled Run: Only the data that is new/modified after the last import is imported

NOTE:

Whenever a mapping is updated
: if you had already imported the data before updating the mapping 

Use Import  from date: Set the past date (when the data was imported for the first time, check in logs), This will import the data respecting the latest mapping

If you are importing the data for the first time you could use import now

This fix will be available as part of 5.5.9 upgrade to all the customers(opt-in), upgrade has already been started and will most likely be available to everyone by EOD

Will update the post here once all the customers are upgraded

Thanks and Regards,

Lakshmi
This is now available to all the customers except opt-out customers.
Thanks, Lakshmi. I'm excited for this capability. However, I just tried updating the CSM field for my customer, ran the sync and am still seeing the Account::Owner ID field populate the CSM information rather than the field I selected. Happy to discuss this via email if you'd rather. Thanks!
Confirmed with spencer it is working, use the Import from date feature to reflect the mapping changes for already imported data

Thanks and Regards,

Lakshmi
Gainsight -- thanks for listening and for the super quick patch!
Did something happen recently where we lost the ability to customize fields in Gainsight Connect? I'm trying to edit the CSM field for a customer right now and am unable to do so. Thanks.
Hi Spencer,

Just make sure that the customer has the 5.5.9 upgrade, you would be able to customize the mapping

Thanks,

Lakshmi