Creating timeline activity via rules?

Related products: CS Data Management & Integrations

One more interesting use case in timeline, most of the customers are interested in creating time line activity via rules.

Ability to create a timeline entry when a CTA is manually created or closed

We would like our Aircall data to be able to be pumped in via S3 to the timeline. They are just calls that log automatically, compared to the manual call logging required in Gainsight. Today our team receive calls by Aircall, input tags and notes into Aircall while on the call, then go to Gainsight and log the exact same information. Can we prevent them from needing to do this twice?

We don’t have an immediate plan to support this as the team is occupied with other high priority items. I’ll look into the possibilities and will keep you posted.

I was just trying to update meeting types for entries where we combined a deprecated type into an existing active type and couldn’t do it because there’s no option to write to Activity Timeline. Also can’t update the entries manually because I didn’t create them.

Does anyone happen to know the status of this request and if it is currently slated in an upcoming release or not?

@london.legrand We are looking into this and have added it to our near-term roadmap (upto 6 months max).

It’s must have here  too so we can take our product usage to the next level. 

On our end, our use cases are as follows:

1. Be able to mark participation to a specific event (in our case, a product change advisory board) in bulk for all our participants instead of having to create the entry manually for all companies.
  2. Be able to mark key tech touch engagement completion such as onboarding automatically into timeline as they’re milestones in the customer journey (using the AO Participant object/AO Participant Failed object). 

Thanks for turning the ops dream into reality.

Adding my thoughts:

We have a couple of Timeline Activity Types where we’d like to automatically update fields through the Rules Engine to take these tasks off of the CSMs shoulders.

Looking forward to this enhancement!

@Bhawya could you pl take a look here

+1 This would be a very helpful feature, on our case we would like to create timeline entries automatically from slack messages.

Looking forward to this  

Adding my use cases:

1. Deprecating some attributes on the Company object, don’t want to completely remove the fields from the object, don’t want to create a new object to historically track this data so was hoping to add them as a timeline activity on the account so the information is not lost.
  2. Creating a fully automated tech touch journey includes adding timeline activities for unassigned accounts where we know when a customer completes certain activitees based on data triggers.

Thanks for sharing the use cases for this request. At this point, it’s not a part of our near term roadmap but will discuss more on this internally. Will update this thread once we have clarity on priority for this item.