Acknowledged

Creating timeline activity via rules?

• 8 September 2017
  • 54 replies

Show first post

54 replies

Userlevel 2

Super excited about the new release, but it seems like it is super limiting.  We have an object that is not being pulled in.
Is there anyway we could push updates directly from a custom object in GS?

Userlevel 1

Ability to create a timeline entry when a CTA is manually created or closed

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/allow-option-for-bionic-rule-set-score-rule-post-to-global-timeline-38362?postid=42674#post42674

Seems relevant.

Userlevel 7

We are not planning to open up rules action in Timeline in short/ medium term. Having said that, we definitely want to build more OOB integrations with Timeline like integration with GonG.io, Chorus, Hubspot etc. Please do let us know if you think we should integrate with any other external system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

+1would be interesting to have this available. 

Due to a limitation on the Activity integration cannot map a picklist field in SF to a dropdown type field in GS, only solution is to map to a string field. Would like to use a rule engine in order to populate the right field.

We are fixing this issue with oct release

October Release!!! wow super.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7

@amanda_neil How would you use this CSM field? Would this be used in reporting?

We would like our Aircall data to be able to be pumped in via S3 to the timeline. They are just calls that log automatically, compared to the manual call logging required in Gainsight. Today our team receive calls by Aircall, input tags and notes into Aircall while on the call, then go to Gainsight and log the exact same information. Can we prevent them from needing to do this twice?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I was just trying to update meeting types for entries where we combined a deprecated type into an existing active type and couldn’t do it because there’s no option to write to Activity Timeline. Also can’t update the entries manually because I didn’t create them.

Userlevel 2
Badge

+1

would be interesting to have this available. 

Due to a limitation on the Activity integration cannot map a picklist field in SF to a dropdown type field in GS, only solution is to map to a string field. Would like to use a rule engine in order to populate the right field.

Userlevel 7
Badge
Out of curiosity, what kinds of events would people want to create via rules? Part of the appeal of Timeline is that it is human generated activities of high value and provide a better "signal to noise" ratio from SFDC activity history. I don't think we want Timeline to become a place where there are many automated processes creating entries as it could get very cluttered that way.

Just my 2 cents.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

A lot of customers would benefit from this. Are there an updates on this item?

Userlevel 6
Badge
Are there any updates on this? Will we be able to use Rules to Load SFDC activity onto the Timeline?
Userlevel 6
Badge
Thank you for your reply! 🙂 I'll keep an eye out for your updates
Userlevel 1
Hi Nitisha - Do we have an updated ETA on this? A few customers are asking for it - big fan of the idea. Thank you!
Userlevel 1
Any update on being able to run a rule to add activity to the Timeline? Our team is will be adding product feedback to Timeline. However, historically this has been logged in google sheets but we would like to add it to the Timeline so we can report on it and remove the google sheet process all together.
Userlevel 7
Badge
Echoing that this is a MUCH needed feature. (Along with the ability to bcc timeline and see the roll-up view for an account on the c360 page!) There are activities that we'd like to record for awareness and visibility!
Adding to this request as well 

We could capture a lot of valuable data with this feature 
Userlevel 7
Badge
Hi Nitisha,
Any updates to this one?

Thanks,
Joe
Just adding my voice that the ability to put information on the timeline in an automated fashion (e.g. via rules) would be very useful for us.  Currently we log our Meaningful Interactions (across the org - PM, Support, Sales etc.) via SFDC as tasks.  We can't move to Timeline without giving every user a Gainsight license which doesn't make sense just for this one use case.  Even if we wanted to all of our applicable tasks would need to be pulled over somehow.

In my view, until there's more ways to automatically populate the timeline it's not really that useable in the broad sense (i.e. across the org) - just for the CSM role.
+1 for this!!
Userlevel 3
Badge
Our CSMs manage their own base of accounts, then Tech Touch manages the rest. I'd like to be able to log a timeline activity for any Tech Touch 1:Many outreaches. I don't believe that's an available option using Journey Orchestrator, so this idea could resolve my issue. Current state is that it will appear as though a portion of our Customer base is not receiving outreach.
Userlevel 3
+1 seems straightforward. Here are my use cases:

-As part of a QBR, automatically create a timeline entry.

-Use case #2, if specific email is opened or clicked, track in timeline.

Userlevel 7
Badge
Hi Amanda,

Can you expand on your use case a little more? Are you looking to change the CSM assignment field based on a Timeline Activity entry? Or something different?

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi Dan,

We were looking to have the CSM field auto populate into the Timeline Activity from the Attributes page, both R360 and C360. Does that help?

Userlevel 7
Badge
Sort of. I'm curious as to the workflow where you'd want to capture the CSM field on every interaction with the customer. Typical data that you'd capture with a Timeline entry might be customer sentiment temp, type of discussion, duration of the call, etc. These would be variables that would change from activity to activity entry. What is the added value of having the CSM field on a Timeline activity entry since that data is available elsewhere in the system?