Could we get the ability to add additional layers of assignment to a CTA?

Related products: None

I would like there to be extra layers of assigning a CTA.  As an example, right now I can assign it to a role and then assign a default owner.  What if we could add the ability to add another layer of assignment so if the first option to assign is not valid for that customer, but a second option would be valid, I would rather assign it to the secondary option that just a default owner.

So if an account has a Technical Account Manager, I want the CTA to go to them, but if not I want it to go to the Account Manager and if no Account Manager then I want it to go to the Account Owner and if not yet assigned an Account Owner then assign it to the Net New Sales Manager (Default Owner).  A checkbox to add additional layers of potential assignees would be great so I could customize by CTA.
This would be huge for us as well! Currently, we have it set up as 3 different CTA's actions within the rule and that are identical but with 'criteria' added to help solve for this. However, it is a major pain to make adjustments because each CTA action needs to be changed. The entire rule creation process because 3x more complicated having to add the logic. A simple decision tree like what is mentioned above would be huge 🙂
We'll consider this for sure if there is broader interest. In the meantime, there are two solutions that I can think of: (1) What Samantha mentioned. We can create multiple CTA actions and qualify each based on whether or not certain user lookup fields are populated. (2) Create a new user lookup and populate it via the Rules Engine, based on who the right/available CTA Owner is for any given account.
Side note, we are also toying with the idea of creating a CS owner field within Gainsights Customer Info. We would then create a rule chain that would write to that field accordingly. For example, if their is a CSM assigned their name would be in the CS Owner field. If not, then we would look for the Support Owner and write there name to that field. 

We would love this idea as well. When automating tech touch for our uncovered accounts (account with no CSM) it would be nice to utilize existing cross-functional team members to help attend to customer issues. and/or chain of command for accountability on uncovered accounts. The possibilities are endless. :sunglasses: