Create Timeline entries via CSV

Related products: None

It would be interesting if we could allow users to create new Timeline entries via CSV upload.  One use case for this would be to import email communications from another tool, and track end to end conversations in Timeline between CSMs and customers.
Hi Tom, we have currently in the roadmap plan to allow creation of Timeline entries via the rules engine. 

In this example, we could support the CSV data by having the admin upload the CSV file to their Gainsight provided Amazon S3 location and then use a rule to ingest the data from that CSV by using S3 as a source.

Would this work for the use case you have in mind?
Yup, that would definitely do the trick!
I didn't think I needed this feature until just a few moments ago.  Would this also include the ability to backdate? 
Hi Sagan, Yes,it will be possible with Rules engine. Updating via rules engine is in our short term road-map.

Just wanted to follow up on where this lies on the road map, since I don’t see the functionality available yet. Updating Timeline entries via Rules Engine or CSV would be very helpful.

@dan_ahrens Is this still in the product backlog?

@dan_ahrens Is this still in the product backlog?

You still can only load to Timeline Milestones via Rule Activities. However, a workaround is to use API to load to timeline for all other types.