Create CTA's based on a CSV.

Related products: None

At the moment you can only create CTA's manually on the account page or through rules engine but it might be a cool idea in the future to have the ability to create CTA's based off a CSV as long as it has a valid Account ID in the CSV.

Hi Andrew, can you share the use case you have in mind where you'd want to create a quantity of CTAs based on a CSV?

I've run into a few instances where a customer has an export of some data (from salesforce in CSV format) and this data lives in their environment but the data itself is across several different objects.

They'd like to fire a CSV based off that information for the accounts but building out the rule would take almost as much time as manually creating a CTA for each of these accounts. From what I gather they'd like an easier way to fire a mass amount of CTA's without having to write a rule to do it.

The solution that might make the most sense, depending on how often this situation comes up, is to build a single "CSV to CTA" rule that uses a standard format CSV data input retrieved via S3.

Build the rule once, and set it to run manually. Anytime you need to create CTAs from a CSV, upload that CSV to S3 and run the rule.

Another solution would be to set up a JO Program that uses a CSV as the input source and has an action to create a CTA. A little different than a rule, but outcome is similar and doesn't require upload to S3, but would require you to clone and change participant source file each time you want to run it, however you don't need to build it from scratch each time.

Just thinking about doing this via JO. We have an event and I would like our team to reach out to specific clients based on the attendee list.

I agree. Is there no way to do this?

Hi Megan,

This can be done via the rules engine using S3 as a data source. Once you've created the rule, just upload the CSV to the S3 bucket and the rule will create the CTAs. More info can be found here: https://support.gainsight.com/Rules_Engine/Admin_Guides/S3_Dataset_Task_in_Bionic_Rules

The problem with this is CTA creation is not an available option as an action from just the S3 dataset alone...this is the challenge I’m running into.

Any update on @ben_daniels ‘ problem?