Create a timeline activity from the rules engine that is NOT a milestone

Related products: None

Hi Team,

Currently from rules we can create activities only for milestone type , In our road map do we have any possibility to give the option to create for other activity types as well ?

Hi @sandeepchidiri  Thanks for sharing this feedback. We don’t have an immediate plan to support this as the team is occupied with other High-Priority items.

Hi,

would it be possible to add this to the roadmap, as a long term plan?

In our timeline we want to log support tickets (our customers only log about 5-10 per year), if the customer would log two at the same day only one will appear in the timeline since the key when adding milestones is Company, Milestone Type and Activity Date, not Activity DateTIME.

thanks!

/David

@DavidT We will look into the possibilities of adding this feature and will keep you posted about the status.

Any update on this?
This would be very usefull for us to log futur meetings automatically in the timeline.

This would be helpful for us as well.  We would like to create an activity when a RM creates a case on behalf of a customer.  

Thanks,

Rhonda

I have more than one use case for this, but my immediate one is that when we complete a specific objective, we want to log an activity to timeline documenting this, and setting some specific values that are unique to that type of activity (ex. we want to document whether we found the customer in compliance with their license capacity or not) which I cannot describe in the Milestone. 

Can you please provide an update on the roadmap status for this? Thank you.

@Bhawya could you share anything about our plans around this item?

@dave_gordon_neo4j Thanks for sharing the use case. We will discuss on this internally, however this feature is not planned in the immediate roadmap due to other prioritised items. Once I have clarity on the timeline, will update this post. 

The use case for having this is really around flexibility to have our GS instance/timeline how we want/need it as a business. It’s as simple as that. @Bhawya 

Some examples though;

- We have emails logged to SF, eg via Einstein, that we also want to show on GS timeline as type = email. Right now with the SF->GS sync we can only sync SF Events & Tasks. 

- We have support tickets (again via SF), that we want to log to timeline as type = Support Case.