Copy/paste into email templates

Related products: None

I know that historically we've definitely cautioned against users copy/pasting text into Email Templates.  And I know that there's a good reason to voice that caution, as we've historically seen this cause issues.

I'm wondering if there are any plans/thoughts/ideas on how it might be possible to make email templates more "copy/paste" friendly?

The reason I ask is because I come across users that need to paste text in that has been business-approved and if they have to manually type it all out again, it opens up a small window for error, that can be avoided by copy/paste.

Currently the best practice that us support folks recommend is to first paste your text into a text editor to strip all formatting out of it, and THEN past it into the email template.

This works most of the time, but I still often come across situations where after all that we still see goofy behavior because of some cached formatting in the text that causes line breaks, font differentiation, and sometimes even tokening issues.

Is our stance going to continue to be to have users take the "round about" approach to this, or is there a way to make templates more receptive to this strategy?
+1 to everything Tom mentioned.  We've had a couple of different issues now related to copying/pasting in 'bad formatting' hidden in the background.  I know that manually typing each email template out would prevent those issues, but not only does that increase my chance for error, but it takes significantly longer.  

Is there not a way to build something into Gainsight that identifies 'bad formatting' and strips it itself? 
+1000 to this. I have spent an innumerable amount of time re-formating emails. I agree that there are probably better ways to do this, but we try to limit the permissions related to CoPilot due to its power. Thus, we have some users write content for us, but not have access to import to a template. 

Another use case is a translated variant of an email. I due this anytime we have a global outreach. I write it in English, export to my inbox, and send off for translation. Then I get the translation back in 2-3 languages and add variants. However, since I am pasting, things get weird fast. This is made much harder since I cannot actually read what I am formatting, thus me running the risk of mangling it further. 

Some process or system to help with bringing in content written in a non-Gainsight form would be amazingly helpful!
Oh, I can't even imagine having to mess with this in multiple languages!
It would be nice to have a "Clear Formatting" button in the email templates.  I think I would rather even have it automatically strip out any formatting on pasted in text, and have to re-format everything, than have to re-type every word to ensure it formats correctly. 
Ben definitely needs this more! haha
There is a clear formatting and I do it on every copy/paste and it did not catch our two 'bad formatting in the background' issues.
ha, shows you how much I know!  I'm back to re-typing everything. 
+1 In our case, we sometimes have to revise and adjust an email template that already exists. Even just doing a copy/paste within the template creates formatting issues that i have to then fix in the HTML code. Would LOVE to have this work more smoothly.
There is. It's that button with a T.
Do we know if this was ever resolved?

I thnk I am currently running into this issue with some of my templates.