CoPilot Outreach follow-ups need help

Related products: None

Currently when you create a followup from an outreach the followup can look at the Batch Name of the original outreach to gather a list of those that need a followup. Unfortunately this list is not dynamic because it will always look back at the original outreach and continue to send emails to those that have actually "opened the email" or "clicked the link" because the followup is where the customer clicked the link or opened the email not the original outreach. In essence to get what I want currently I would have to create a followup of the followup every day which is not feasible and very unrealistic to manage. Currently the followup to me is only seen as a one time deal. 
So this is the only work-around that I can think of with CoPilot. Set your original outreach to not send if within a 15 day window and makes sure you have filters that make that contact fall off your list after 15 days. Then set a followup with a 15 day window as well so only one email log gets created her user on the followup. Set 14 other followups with the same filters so that there is only one email log per followup per user. What a headache....
be sure to set date filters in your followups so that user falls off the list in 15 days as well
Update: This is what I did - created the original outreach then created two follow ups one for emails not opened and one for link not clicked. Used the Trigger On Date to at set it equal to 10 days in the past. So in essence what I should get is one reminder sent to the customer 10 days after the original email was sent no more and no less. If you wanted to set up multiple reminders within a 30 day window just use the Trigger On date when you create the followup and set it "equal" to 'x' days in the past for each followup. Still not very user friendly but it works for a set time frame. 
Andrew - Will get in touch with you to understand this better. I believe we can reduce the complexity.
If there is a better solution, I'd be interested! We are also struggling with automating the follow up process. 
There really is no better solution until the new functionality for "follow up" is released. Sorry Lauren. Even with the approach above there were still some issues with people receiving the same email even though they had already taken the survey. Not sure why that happened. But I have seen the new functionality they are working on and it will follow one record all the way through the followup process instead of multiple records being created per contact via the current follow up approach. No ETA as far as I know yet. 
Hey Andrew - I'm running into the same problem and had an idea to use (Batch) "Trigger Date" equals "Subtract 15 Days from Run Date". My thinking is that this would take all the emails that were sent 15 days ago, and send the follow up. Do you think that would work? 
that is what I did if I understand what you were saying. If you click on the outreach you created you can create a followup from that outreach and then in the powerlist that is created you will set your filter to include the trigger you are saying but be aware that there is a bug with date fields so the better solution would be to use the filter Trigger date = greater than subtract 16 days from rule date AND Trigger date = less than subtract 14 days from rule date. You will then guarantee that  you get every email from the original outreach (batch) that was triggered 15 days ago. Make sense?
Gotcha! Makes sense. Yea - disappointed about the workaround but appreciate the response!