Copilot emails for CSMs to send

Related products: None

A few customers have asked for the ability to draft template emails via copilot, but for the final "send" button to reside with the CSM. So - the CSM gets the final say on when the email is sent, but does not have to take the time to draft the email contents. 
This is such a great idea, Elizabeth. Thank you for chiming in! As a CSM, I can see great value in having the option for time to elapse and it fires automatically. 
I think that would work, Gaurav!

What about Whitelabeling the email address for those CSMs? I was told our domain name does not have enough character space to add the SPF records that was given to me by Gainsight Support, so we are unable to Whitelabel our work email addresses. As a result, every test email I send is caught in our Spam filter (which I receive 8 hours later in my mailbox). My IT suggests creating a sub domain to send CoPilot emails/outreaches, however, CSMs log into SFDC/GS with their work email addresses, not the newer sub-domain email addresses that IT wants to create. So that option creates an extra step for CSMs and they will also have 2 email mailboxes to read each morning. Too tedious/time consuming for CSMs.
+1 for this. Great idea!
We are just getting started with CoPilot. My understanding is there is functionality to allow the CSM to review/release/cancel an email that is generate as part of an Outreach.

Is there documentation on how this works?
Hey Kristin, it's an "Email" task. https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/226262248-Configure-Email-Tasks-to-Send-From-Cockpit

It does not work with power lists (the CSM has to know the contacts to whom they want to send) but it seems to work ok within its limits.
Hi Kristin, 

The following articles cover the Email Assist functionality:

Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback.
Thanks Jeff and Manu....I guess I am confused and disappointed because I distinctly remember being told that CSMs could review and approve emails generated via a power list. The idea was that we could automate 95% of the process, and then the CSMs controlled the last step.

Are there plans for allow for this scenario, where the CTA with email task are auto-generated from a powerlist/outreach? 
Hi Kristin, Thanks for your post. I'd like to better understand the delta between what's there and what you'd like.

With what's available today, CSMs can review and approve email by looking at email tasks that show up in cockpit generated automatically. Only difference is rules engine generates this email tasks (by applying a playbook vs. a powerlist). 

BTW we do plan to in medium term have the creation of email tasks via powerlists but that's because we are making various advancement in powerlist (like optimized follow up email flow etc). 
Hi Gaurav - My understanding is with the rule engine and playbook generated task, the To field is not automatically completed. This is an extra step that the CSM has to do. In our use case, we are automating the renewal notification for SMB customers, and the rep likely has not had much interaction with the Account so they will not immediately recognize who the right Contact is. We want to automate the email going to a fixed set of Contacts based on a field on the Contact record, i.e. the power list. We don't want the CSMs to have to figure out who to send the email too (they'd have to search through the full list of Contacts first). Also, in many cases the email will go to multiple Contacts on a single Account. I expect multiple CTAs will get created, and the CSM would need to update the Contact on multiple emails and keep track of which Contacts they have already entered.

Hope that makes sense.
Kristin - 100% agree.  

Gaurav - Please see this post as well: 

https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/cockpit-send-an-email-to-a-group-powerlist-of-users...
Same use case for us, explained perfectly by Kristin above.

Power Lists can potentially generate multiple emails to one customer.  In those cases, we want to send ONE EMAIL and include MULTIPLE CONTACTS in the To: field.  (This is why we're leaning toward using email templates on the playbook instead of Outreaches, so that the CSM can populate the To: field with more than one contact.)  However, in doing so, it forces the CSM to lookup the contact email address, versus pre-populating it (as with a powerlist and outreach).
I agree - I think this is what we're looking for, too. It would be a bonus if we could do kind of a combo. For example, we have a field where we identify the roles our contacts play in the relationship. It would be nice, If it would tokenize it so we could have it prepped to send to 'the admin.' Whether that would be one person or multiple. That might be getting a little complex. As an alternate, having the to lookup filter to the client associated with the CTA task.

Hi Brooke,

As part of the Summer release which will be available in August, CSM's will have the ability to add upto 10 Emails in To's and choose whether to send same Email to all or to send separate Emails.

Hope this helps in solving the Use Case.

Regards,

Hitesh
We have this same need coming up where the CSM would like to send the same email themselves across multiple customers, so it's not ideal to use the Email Assist.  So, for example, as a CSM, I want to reach out to all my customers that have a certain business need that a new feature will address.  Currently, I'd have to add a playbook with the task for each account that I want to send to.  Would love to be able to do something like provide an option for them to select the customers in their Customers List, and then, let them select from the email templates to send.
Hitesh Sharma - what is this feature called? Is this eMail Assist or something else? I need to look it up. I am looking for the ability for the CSMs to contribute content and reuse each other's. We want the mailings to be logged in Timeline as well.

Should I enter a separate request or can we continue on this one?
Hi Diane, yes, this is Email Assist (more info here). 

You can also configure Email Assist emails to be automatically logged to Timeline