Contact on Task Not Synching

Related products: None

When a Contact is added to a Gainsight task, and the task is synced with a Salesforce task, the Salesforce task in not updated to show the linked Contact. This is important so users viewing the tasks from Salesforce can see which Contact the interaction was with. 
How are you linking Contacts to a task? Is contact a field on Task object?
Hi Sidhu -

On the Gainsight Task I am clicking on the Edit pencil next to "No Contacts Associated" to add a Contact to the Gainsight Task.

On the Salesforce Task, there is a field to link to either a Contact or Lead. The field label is Name, the field name is Who, and it is a lookup to either the Contact or Lead object.

thanks

Kristin
I was just about to submit an idea based on a similar issue that I have been having and found this post.  I agree with Kristin.  When

creating a task from a CTA in Gainsight and assigning a contact the task does

not associate with the contact in SFDC.  Since I found from Gainsight Support that this is the expected behavior I am asking that our Gainsight users reduce the use of tasks created from Gainsight since the majority of times we create tasks is when engaging with other cross-functional team members so this is not intuitive.
Hello all,

Just checking in to see how this was going and if it was something we were able to resolve or not.

Thanks!
As far as I know this is not resolved. You can test this yourself by creating a CTA with a Task, and then add a Contact to the Task. Check the synced Task in Salesforce.

Kristin
The issue still exists and contacts are not synced over to SFDC tasks and have to be manually added.  As a result, I have advised our team not to initiate tasks from CTAs since our CTAs are always contact rather than company specific and I found that they weren't manually adding so it was creating more issues than simply not using tasks.  Thanks for checking and hopefully this will be addressed in a future release.
Sidhu -

Any thoughts on this? Our AMs are expecting the Contact to show on the SF Task so the AE has visibility to who they spoke with.

thanks

Kristin
Has anyone found a solution on how to sync the contacts to the tasks? We have the same issue and our teams would love to be able to bring the contacts over. Having them use Gainsight to create tasks that others can see in Salesforce is great, but they are duplicating efforts in having to go back and sync the contact.

Thanks!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Associated Contacts on CTA not Syncing to SFDC.

So I have an issue when a task is created on a CTA and then the CSM goes to sync to Salesforce...the contact they attached in the CTA is not coming through on the task. It would be great if this would pull over to the Name field on the task?
This is affecting us as well.  It creates extra context switching work to create the tasks properly.  Our CSMs have to create the task with the proper contact in Gainsight, switch over to Salesforce and perform the exact same action by selecting the Related To contact.
Any updates on this issue being resolved?
Thanks for posting, Kelsi!

The original ask seems specific to customer interactions, which can now be captured using Timeline Activities (directly or from within a CTA). We are working on syncing "External Attendee" information to Salesforce as well -- should be available by August. The plan is to populate a field called "Name" that can house one Contact by default, and up to 50 if the setting shown below is turned on. This enables the same Salesforce Task to be associated with the Account as well as each of the synced Contacts. 

Would this suffice, or would you also want all Gainsight Tasks to behave similarly, pulling Contact information from the CTA? 
That's great news! Will there be a way to look at all previously created activities in timeline with external attendees and retroactively tag those to the contact? 

Ideally, all GS tasks would behave similarly and pull the contact info from the CTA. Our team is specifically utilizing timeline because we needed a way to get the tasks to sync to the sfdc account record in a way that CTAs (without a task) cannot do. So if we had the ability to get those CTAs to sync to sfdc AND link to the contact, that would be our most ideal situation. 
Does this mean that when we attach a Contact to the CTA in Gainsight will that contact now sync to the Task that logs in SFDC and populate the "Name" field? Or would it be to the "Assigned To" field? 
Hi Manmeet,

This is about Timeline Activities syncing to Salesforce, not CTA Tasks. The two syncs are different, as we discussed on the other thread here. Our team is working on extending this feature to CTA Tasks as well.
Hi Manu,

Ah.. I see thanks for the clarification! Any idea on when to expect this feature to be available for CTA Tasks?
Hi Manmeet,

This feature will be available in CTA tasks in fall release.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Oh that's great news! Thanks for letting me know.