Connect Email to Timeline /BCC timeline updates to a CTA

Related products: None

We would like the ability to tie timeline activities created through BCC/Email to Timeline to CTAs that have already been created. Before the email assist/BCC functionality, we would create timeline activities within a CTA (and still do so), but we are unable to tie BCC emails to a particular CTA now to keep our communications tied together.

If there was some way to include the title of the CTA in the subject of the email, or something like that, to tie the email to the CTA, that would help out our team greatly.

Hi Perry,

There's another recent conversation that seems related, albeit a little different.

This also ties into the ability to adjust the Acitivty Type of timeline post. We're having this problem at the present moment of emails coming from Outlook, but need to be associated to a CTA instead.

@lila_meyer Thank you for adding the conversation - it will help some of our users, but to the ponit of keeping this neat and clean...I look forward to future enhacnments :D

@sagan_sherlin and @perry_rogers Make sense and this is already on our road-map. I will update you here once we consider this for release. 

Thanks for posting!!!

@sagan_sherlin and @perry_rogers Make sense and this is already on our road-map. I will update you here once we consider this for release. 

Thanks for posting!!!

@sai_ram are there any updates on timing for connecting email-to-timeline entries to CTAs to be released? Thank you!

@meghan.doyle Yep, we have added this to our short term road-map. You will soon hear good news on this enhancement. I will update you here once we consider it for release.

Changing this request to Planned. Thanks!!

We also have CSMs taking a lot of time to copy and paste emails to the CTA timeline so their communications can stay organized. Looking forward to this. Looks like this was short-term about 4 months ago… any updates on progress here?

Thanks!

Yes @sai_ram would be great to get an update here as per @jochle ‘s note?  The ability to link an email to a specific CTA using BCC to Timeline would be huge for our team’s efficiency and our reporting.

It would be amazing if the new Outlook Add In could display open CTA’s associated with the org once the contact/org has been detected, allowing the CSM to select the correct CTA to link to.

Thanks!

Hello @kirsten_ferguson 

CTA support in plugin/add-in is part our roadmap. We will keep you posted about the updates on this.

Amazing, thank you @chethana! Look forward to hearing more.

Hi @chethana, has there been any progress on this? Our team would love it if there was. I can see from this thread that 10 months ago it was on the radar for your medium term roadmap. Thanks!

Adding @Bhawya to the discussion

This idea was put up 3 years ago and a roadmap was promised a year ago and now...I believe this feature is still not available in Gain Sight. As more and more CSM works and processes are tied up to Gain Sight, and with emails continue to be prevalent in those engagements, this feature has become very crucial to help practitioners to be more effective in recording their activities in Timelines, which are by the way, most of the time associated with an Objectives or CTA in Gain Sight. 

@Bhawya pl take a look

We have one item in the recent roadmap for GA Everywhere - when logging an activity from a plugin(chrome/outlook) the activity composer will open in the plug-in itself. In this case, user can associate an existing CTA belonging to the primary company selected for the activity from within plug-in.

Once there is more clarity on timeline, I can share delivery details.

@arunabhat FYI

@Bhawya that’s an awesome update - do you have any news on the timeline yet? 

This came up today with a handful of my users as we’re starting to close activities & CTAs more closely in the new fiscal year. Looking forward to this functionality being available!