Company Search Configuration Filters

Related products: None

I recently enabled CSM as a field searchable up top, so a CSM or their manager could type in a CSM’s name and options would show their portfolio. However, I would like to include only Status = Active, as in exclude Churned customers. There is no way to do this right now, making this a little noisy in the end!

@lindseyyoung5 @foster.sean92 @jean.nairon @CurtisValentine @sacha @mathieu.brillon @sroma thoughts? 

Good idea! Does search show all accounts the CSM is assigned to?

@gunjanm and @jean.nairon Thanks for sharing this here. Our product team is looking into this, I will update you here once I hear from them. 

@jean.nairon yup that’s exactly how it functions, along with any Customer names that might be applicable too. Filters on the search configuration would be more than amazing though. 

End Proctoring-

@gunjanm - can you un-assign churned accounts or just mark the CSM name in a text field so you can remove the assignment?

@jean.nairon unfortunately not, due to multiple product lines and only some of them being in Gainsight but the data of others still surfacing in Sally Quick Insights reports. It’s a complicated team and product structure!

End Proctoring-

Excluding churned from the search in general would be great -- or at least, a more dynamic search that the CSM could choose to enable seeing Churned customers in the search result return but by default they are excluded.

Excluding churned from the search in general would be great -- or at least, a more dynamic search that the CSM could choose to enable seeing Churned customers in the search result return but by default they are excluded.

YES exactly

We are planning to enhance the Global search configuration to include such default filters, this is in our roadmap. Will share more details once we pick this up.
Thanks for sharing thi@gunjanm .
@everyone Please upvote if this impacts you, and help us prioritise this appropriately 

@gopal_rao_kallepu is there any update on this? Many Admins desire this filtering, for a variety of use cases, although the end goal is to filter out unwanted listings in the Company Search. 

Getting more and more requests to exclude churned/inactive Relationships from the Company/Relationship search as well (which makes sense if you are using Gainsight for some time already). Would be nice if this idea could be considered for implementation…

@gopal_rao_kallepu Any updates here?

@Dheepak G  Tagging you since Gopal left.

A quick update on this thread on the search capabilities, We are currently working on revamping the search experiences in below phases :
1) End User revamp of search experience : Currently in development  this quarter
2) Admin revamp of search configurations : This would be taken post our first phase of revamp. As apart of this revamp, we are going to allow  Admins the ability to filter records out [from index] based on certain conditions (in this case, company = ‘Active’).
I will keep this thread updated when i have a timeline for this ask.

No StatusPlanned