Company names NOT be hyperlinked or blue clickable but rather be like a text format in report shares

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

Please have a look at this  : when we share a report the users are expecting that the link can be clicked, because of the blue clickable hyperlink  and they are expecting that it would navigate to that particular company which is not the case.so we have a request from the user that the company names NOT be hyperlinked but rather be like a text format so that there will be no confusion and users do not think something is broken.

They could make a formula field and make a string from the Company name with no mapping and that will just be plain text (no link)

I think the workaround you give @john_apple is good, but it would be a nice OOB feature to be able to disable links that aren’t going to work on an externally exported report - or to a report to someone without the right GS license.

Hello @Mary Keerthi @john_apple @bradley thank you for you for your post. Looping in the Product Manager to how best this suggestion could work.

@bradley the thing here is that even a fully licensed user cannot click through on the link. It’s just dummy links. Very annoying! 

@bradley the thing here is that even a fully licensed user cannot click through on the link. It’s just dummy links. Very annoying! 

Well that’s...not ideal. Sounds like there are bigger problems than just the link not working for external users. Really shouldn’t require making a whole new field to avoid a problem that should have not made it past beta testing...

@Mary Keerthi  - i agree this is very misleading to a user who sees the report, We will add this a the roadmap.

@Mary Keerthi  @john_apple  @bradley  @gunjanm  - For now the links are removed so as not have have any confusion for users to click on.

BUT there is still a gap of having the company name linked for fully licensed users, we are working on end user reporting that should negate the need to share reports via links with internal people and have them access  these reports with only “viewing permissions” . 

@Mary Keerthi  @john_apple  @bradley  @gunjanm  - For now the links are removed so as not have have any confusion for users to click on.

BUT there is still a gap of having the company name linked for fully licensed users, we are working on end user reporting that should negate the need to share reports via links with internal people and have them access  these reports with only “viewing permissions” . 

Thanks for the update @Azad - can you clarify what you  mean by ‘end user reporting’? Usually the reports that are being shared are from complex data that the end user wouldn’t be able to re-create.

@bradley  - Yes, with end user reporting once you create a report you can give them permissions to ( view/ edit ) it just like a dashboards internally (An additional Permission would be need to be enabled to let users see Reports).  

@bradley  - Yes, with end user reporting once you create a report you can give them permissions to ( view/ edit ) it just like a dashboards internally (An additional Permission would be need to be enabled to let users see Reports).  

I see - so that will be intended to replace the current method of sharing? Or will this and the current situation both be available? 

The feature of regularly sharing/scheduling the sending reports/dashboards to stakeholders who have no real interest or need to otherwise go into Gainsight is great and would be a shame to lose.

My main concern is a continual regression of functionality to get this to work e.g.: Hyperlink Doesn’t work? Turn it off! Can’t have a hyperlink with existing system? No more scheduled sharing!

Ran into this today when sharing a dashboard internally to users that have full licenses. The links should be there and clickable. Maybe a setting to say you are sending internally?

@bradley  - sharing will remain untouched. This is an additional functionality for users with the Gainsight Platform. 

@heather_hansen - Let me look into this, since the dashboard is viewed internally we should ideally not need a setting, will get back to you on this. 

@bradley  - sharing will remain untouched. This is an additional functionality for users with the Gainsight Platform. 

@heather_hansen - Let me look into this, since the dashboard is viewed internally we should ideally not need a setting, will get back to you on this. 

@Azad  Gotcha - so if I still want to share a report via a link or scheduled share I will be able to do that as I can today right? The main caveat is that the actual issue where the urls don’t work when shared in this way will not be fixed, is that also correct?

I’m all for new stuff, but it’s unclear if the original issue (links not working with report sharing) is actually being addressed - or if I will have two methods with different use cases to share reports, and also one of them will have clickable links and one will not?

Bumping this up again. I just started using Report Sharing with my CSMs (we migrated to HA on Nov 17 so we’re still new to rolling out the new features) but this was immediately a question asked by several CSMs…

Can you make the Company names hyperlinked to the C360?

Would love to see an OOTB feature for this that would link out Company name for a shared report just like it does when you put the report in a dashboard!

We have implemented the original ask and wanted to confirm that the teams are working on the subsequent enhancement.

Hi Team,

We got into this situation recently and our CSM’s wanted to have the company name hyperlinked so that it will take them directly to the C360 section.

Do we have any plans of implementing this in future releases ?

Hi,

I have similar issue where the reports created from data designer have company names which are not clickable. I would like to see this functionality since CSMs need to navigate to Company C30 pages from the reports regardless of how the reports are created in the dashboard.

@anirbandutta can we get an update here?  We share a LOT of reports out via email to our users, and it would great for them to be able to click to the company, etc. from the report instead of it being just a static name.

Let me get some PM 👀