Company Intelligence - Create CTA function to limit creation of additional CTA for the same Company

Related products: None

The Company Intelligence feature is great! We’ve started to get some alerts on activity for our larger accounts that we can start to take action on.

The Create CTA function is great addition to be able to quickly create a CTA from Slack based on Company Intelligence. I noticed that it warns you if you are trying to create a CTA from an alert that has already had a CTA created for. I’d like to see that expanded to warn you if there is an existing CTA for the same company based on the same signal and CTA Type.

Since the alerts for Company Intelligence come in from different sources it can be difficult to determine via Slack if there is a CTA for the Company in question for that same subject. For example, if Company Intelligence provides an alert today for Company X and we create a CTA, then tomorrow Company Intelligence provides a similar alert (because a different web source published the same information) we can’t easily tell that we’ve already created a CTA for this same event.

Hi @john_apple ,

Glad you love the feature!

It’s definitely a valid use-case - we will definitely look into it.

A few questions:

Have you seen it often, that there are multiple posts pertaining to the same event?

Who typically creates the CTAs? The reason I ask is that if the CSM/CSM managers typically create the CTAs, then there might be a much smaller chance of duplicate CTAs being created.

Also, what do you think is a good time duration between the CTA creations to make sure that the CTAs are indeed pertaining to the same event?

Regards,

Shantan

Hi @shantan_reddy 

So we are just starting the implement the feature and don’t have a full process down yet but I think I could see a scenario where a manager might create a CTA for an alert and the CSM on their own would create a CTA for the same alert (maybe they are following that company independent of one another). I think if we had a policy around who is responsible and solely responsible for CTA creation that would limit the duplication but it’s not foolproof. 

I think maybe having a warning stating that a CTA for the given signal is already active for the account and allow an option to continue or cancel. Realizing that might be a harder query to have in place, I would say a week between CTA creations is probably sufficient in most cases.

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback, @john_apple . We’ll keep this in mind and enhance this once we see some more requests around this.

Regards,

Shantan

Hello - I also have just started testing the company intelligence feature in hopes to roll this out to my team. I love the ability to create a CTA from the notification in sally - as mentioned above it would be great for CSMs to get an alert if they are creating a CTA for the same event to avoid duplication. My CSMs manage 120+ accounts each so it’s a large volume to stay on top of. 

Additionally, is there a way to choose an existing CTA and playbook when creating a CTA from a notification in company intellgience? For example, we have two CTAs for M&A activity. I’d like CSMs to be abe to use our existing CTAs and playbook when creating a CTA from a notification about M&A activity. 

@rahul_prayakarao @jayaprakash_vunnam 

@shantan_reddy thank you Shantan for redirecting this to me.

@carissa curtis let me review this request and get back to you soon.

@rahul_prayakarao thank you for the looking into this. As far as I can tell you can’t choose an existing playbook when creating a CTA from Gainsight Sally using company intelligence. Is there a way to add the playbook once the CTA is created? Any feedback would be helpful. 

@carissa curtis Currently, Sally does not provide the option to add a playbook when a CTA is created. I will definitely look at the need for this enhancement.

@rahul_prayakarao Thanks for the update. I figured out how to add a playbook to the CTA created from Sally which is what I was looking to do.