Under Consideration

Color palette for CTAs in NXT

• 6 January 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Oof...what is with the pastel color palette for CTAs in NXT?  It doesn’t match the rest of Gainsight - and we don’t have control over changing this.  Admins should be able to define the color palette used across the product.

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

+1 having more choices would be very much useful

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Agreed. The color palette is brutal for dashboards and reports. The pastel colors are very hard to see and separate in reports.

Agreed. The color palette is brutal for dashboards and reports. The pastel colors are very hard to see and separate in reports.

@Dsousa sorry for the inconvenience, this is in development, I will let you know here once we consider for release. 

Badge

Userlevel 6

We are exploring on making the color palette experience better. This includes choosing a new color in addition to standard color palette and selecting the font color.

Userlevel 7
Badge

This seems to be more important now that you can have up to 50 CTA types, but there are only 18 colors in the color palette that I can see.  Definitely going to make reporting really hard to read when you have to use the same or similar color multiple times.

Good point. Also, some of the colors are very very dark and on black font are unreadable. Can there be a consideration where after a point the font is white as well is the color is dark enough?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This seems to be more important now that you can have up to 50 CTA types, but there are only 18 colors in the color palette that I can see.  Definitely going to make reporting really hard to read when you have to use the same or similar color multiple times.

Userlevel 6

@bradleymcg Feedback taken. We will definitely be working on having a unified color palette.

Userlevel 7
Badge

@sriram pasupathi like @darkknight said consistency at a minimum really, customer or a wider pallete is almost a secondary ask.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@sriram pasupathi  These colors look pretty disconnected from the rest of a customized reporting palette.  I would urge Gainsight to reconsider and allow color palette to be consistent across the platform.  

Userlevel 6

While we don’t have any plans as of today to provide the ability to choose custom colors, we are working on better color palette. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Oof...what is with the pastel color palette for CTAs in NXT?  It doesn’t match the rest of Gainsight - and we don’t have control over changing this.  Admins should be able to define the color palette used across the product.

Agreed - it would be great to have a way to set a custom color palette system-wide so you don’t have to change it for every component in a different area of the platform.