Cockpit filter & group by task due date

Related products: None

User Story: As a CSM I need to filter & group by my task due date so I can prioritize my work in my cockpit.

Use case:

CSMs have overdue tasks within a CTA, but the CTA displays in the group by as due at a future time because the filter & grouping options are based on the final due date of the whole CTA.  This is true for all CTAs that have tasks with distinct due dates.

Acceptance criteria:

Cockpit filter includes next task due date

Cockpit group by includes next task due date

Similar suggestions and ways this is different:

https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/adding-fields-to-the-group-by-in-cockpit - Cannot group by because task due date is not an option to add as a column

https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/cta-due-date-should-reflect-due-date-of-next-open-t... CSMs would like to keep an independent CTA due date, but be able to prioritize work based on the tasks within a CTA.

Hi Angela,

Thanks for bringing this up! sorry for the delayed response.

This feature is currently not planned, will update you once I hear from product team.

@All, Could you all hit like or leave your comments to increase the priority on the road-map.

We are having the same issue and would like CSMs to prioritize by task due date. What is the workaround here?

In a feedback meeting with some CSM's I got the same feeback that it would be really useful to group/sort based on task due date instead of CTA due date only. It would really help to identify those tasks that you have to work on today quickly.

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that we have redesigned Cockpit, powered by Gainsight Horizon experience, as part of the v6.18 release. The enhanced Cockpit has the following new capabilities:

• Update any CTA details directly from the Cockpit List View & Detail View pages by clicking on the field.
  • View the details of a CTA easily with Improved readability of fields, Two Column Layout, and Responsive width based on the screen size to the CTA Detail View page.
  • Tasks are displayed in a separate tab in the CTA Detail View screen, instead of an expand/collapse option in the Cockpit List View page. 
  • A new list view column is added to show the standard fields upfront. This option enables users to add any number of columns to the Cockpit List View page.
  • Reorder columns and sort on columns directly on the Cockpit List View page.
  • Filtering is much easier with a Basic and Advanced view creation experience.
  • Update/Apply filters directly from the Cockpit List View page. 
  • The color-coding of the Type, Status, and Reason columns are now based on admin colors defined.
  • The profile pictures of the users added to the User Management or My Profile page can be seen on the Cockpit page.

This feature is implemented in only the NXT version.

Thanks for posting!