Cockpit Collapse - Expand All

Related products: None

It would be helpful to have a Collapse All - Expand All toggle at the top that is sticky.

Hi Bryan,

There is an option to Collapse All CTA's or Expand All based on group by field under cockpit page.

Please have a look at the screenshot attached and let me know if this helps.

You can group by on the highlighted field and then you will be able to use expand/collapse all based on the field selected under this group by field.

I think Bryan is referring to an expand/collapse all for the tasks under the CTAs - not the CTA groupings. But I may be misremembering a past conversation!

Hi Bryan,

We do have a collapse/expand all toggle at the top - see screen recording below:

While it is not sticky, it is only a single click and also best supports the ability for a user to see all their CTAs at a glance (with tasks rolled up) as the first look they see when visiting the page. Expanding all tasks by default (or by sticky) would make it harder to manage all CTAs as a whole and to notice when new CTAs have been added to the user's Cockpit.

Thanks both for the responses, very cool someone is actually reading this! I could have been more specific to say an Expand All by CTA Grouping.

I would have my Objectives rolled up because they deal with Success Plans that I'm aware of and have more CTAs than any other group. As you'll see in the screenshot, this user has many Objectives as part of his implementations and if the list is expanded, he won't see any new Risks.

Hi Bryan,

We are glad that you're posting and sharing on community!

One option if you want to focus on just some specific types of CTAs is to create a custom view: https://support.gainsight.com/Cockpit_and_Playbooks/User_Guides/04_Create_Custom_Views_in_Cockpit

It's challenging to get the users to look at a refined functionality like filters although I've shown it to our champions and it's expanding slowly. Better yet is if the administrator can change the default order of the CTA Groups so I can put Risks at the top followed by Lifecycle?

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for sharing the feedback. One possible workaround is to change the name of "Risk" to something like "1-Risk". This will make it show up on the top (vs being displayed alphabetically)

Would that work for you?

Aditya,

I'm seriously considering this option as I think it's very important to get the risks in front of the CSMs. I've searched but can't find the option to rename Risk.

Hey Bryan, you can change this under Administration > Calls to Action > section named Call to Action Type - you'll click into the cell for "Risk" and rename it as preferred, then click the floppy disk to save. This is what you're looking for:

I see this was marked 'workaround available' but I'd like to 2nd the fact that actually being able to collapse/expand all for cockpit groups would be really helpful. I've had a couple of CSMs request this. Currently, they have to click on the arrow for each group. Most of our group by CTA Type and have potentially 8+ different CTA types it takes a while. We're not looking to highlight just 1 type (like Risk CTAs) but it is helpful when managing their day if a CSM can see the overall count of how many CTAs they have in each group at a glance.

We’re looking for the basic expand/collapse functionality as well.  

@dan_ahrens wanted to resurface this request, especially as the workaround does not seem to be available in Gainsight NXT. We understand that this may affect performance if the UI can render up to 1000 CTAs at once, then an expand all could cause long loading times every time cockpit is accessed, but it would be great to have a setting to expand all and collapse all in Cockpit (Global and 360). Additionally, incorporating page loading additional records upon scrolling (infinite scroll?) like we have in timeline could help with performance by limiting the number of records initially loaded and subsequently expanded and collapsed simultaneously. Thanks!

I see this was marked 'workaround available' but I'd like to 2nd the fact that actually being able to collapse/expand all for cockpit groups would be really helpful. I've had a couple of CSMs request this. Currently, they have to click on the arrow for each group. Most of our group by CTA Type and have potentially 8+ different CTA types it takes a while. We're not looking to highlight just 1 type (like Risk CTAs) but it is helpful when managing their day if a CSM can see the overall count of how many CTAs they have in each group at a glance.

Thirding this request! We’ve had several CSM’s request this basic functionality of expanding and collapsing all groups - not tasks for CTA’s.  If sorted by customer, it can become very messy having all categories open and multiple CTA’s below for each. Custom Views are an inefficient use of time when you have multiple categories, and doesn’t allow for quick and easy viewings of to-dos.

@katie_b @kirsten_ferguson In the new Horizon cockpit, we show the CTA count against each group. Does that solve the issue? Or am I missing something?

@sriram pasupathi The counts are helpful, but I think it’s more about quickly jumping to what they want to see. Since we can’t reorder (and even if we could certain CSMs want things in different orders)...they easiest way to find a certain CTA Type is to collapse all then expand just the one they want to see instead of collapsing one at a time until they get to the one they want.

@katie_b Just wondering if sorting the groups by certain criteria would solve your issue. But, I completely understand the collapse/expand all use case. Thanks for that feedback.

@sriram pasupathi Sorting by groups is the best we have for now, but it’s still not ideal. Especially since we can’t select which group we want to appear first. If we had that option, we’d put our ‘Risk’ CTAs at the top, but with alphabetical order they are at the bottom.

@katie_b Understood. As an immediate workaround, there is a hack you can use: You can rename “Risk” to “1: Risk”  and that would put the ‘Risk’ CTAs at the top. We are planning for admin revamp in the next two quarters where the admin would be able to define the order. Thank you.

Is there a way to do this yet as a CSM in the Gainsight NXT environment? I haven’t found a way to do this yet, but my CSMs are asking for an Expand/Collapse all button on the Cockpit page. Thank you!

@ewinglel Just to clarify, are you looking for expand all/collapse all for CTA grouping?

We also have users asking for this functionality, expand/collapse all groups. 

First post here. Was linked by a peer. We run Gainsight NXT within SFDC. (Lightning, if it matters.) 

Speaking as a CSM, I typically have (2) Cockpit tabs open due to the lack of this functionality. Consider the following Cockpit view options: Due Date & Company > Relationship. 

• Due Date shows all open CTAs, across all customers in chronological order.
  • Company > Relationship provides a longer term view of individual relationships. 

While I might spend 70% of my time in the former, as it ensures timely action, I easily spend 30% of my time in the latter. The Company > Relationship view helps me keep customers better informed and drive longer term initiatives. It also reduces the volume of email I have to send, as I can mention multiple things in a single email, instead of waiting for multiple CTAs to come due on the same date. 

Compare, “Yes, we can modify that report to suit this need” to “Yes, we can modify that report to suit this needs AND we could also modify these others while we’re at it, setting us up for success with that other initiative we discussed for next quarter.” 

I have >40 accounts, representing >120 relationships, each with 4-40+ outstanding CTAs. A third to a quarter of these CTAs are auto-generated, so being able to quickly review the backlog when responding to ad hoc requests helps keep me out of the weeds. 

Absent a collapse/expand all button on the Company > Relationship view, I have to manually collapse >40 CTA groups (by company) a dozen or so times a week in order to make the view usable. I try getting around this by using two browser tabs, but I’ll invariably click out of the view for something, or come back to it and find the page reloaded on its own and then I have to all the way through the page again, top-to-bottom, collapsing >40 sections. 

It’s a distracting waste of time. Customer Success is all about keeping the big picture in mind in order to shepherd customers to positive business outcomes. But nevermind that—one SaaS worker to another, how often do you want your customers having to make more than a couple clicks on a screen after implementation?

“Lazy loading” items below the fold is fine. Adding this functionality would deliver a 10X benefit to end users. Please and thank you.