Co-Pilot communcations are not logged in Salesforce

Related products: None

One major hang up we have is that Co-Pilot communcations are not logged in Salesforce as an activity. In order for us to use Co-Pilot, we will need this functionality.
We log it as a chatter post in GS, which shows up in the account record. We are moving towards using chatter as an audit trail of account activities rather than the activities objects. 
hey Josh - how do you log it to Chatter? PS - saw some of your EMEA folks last week.
Chad,

Check this article out, it gives an overview of Chatter integration.

https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Data_Management_and_Integrations/Technology_Part...
Hi Eric,

This is a common ask that I hear from customers. One solution that I've seen work really well is to log the email send as a closed task in Salesforce. You can do this by following the 'Load to SFDC object' instructions here.

https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Rules_Engine/Admin_Configuration/Use_Rules_to_Lo...

Let me know if you have any specific questions as you work through this that I can assist with!

Also - I just realized this post is 3 months old, so you may have already solved this. 🙂
This is our #1 roadblock to expanded use of CoPilot. My team wants the emails sent by CoPilot to be logged as an email (not as a Salesforce Task) just as if the team used the BCC: field.
Agreed -- this is our #1 roadblock to using CoPilot as well
Hey Matt/Alice,

Can you tell me more about your SFDC BCC functionality? How do emails get associated to contacts or accounts when BCC is used?

FYI - In the Copilot outreach you can use the Email Copy functionality and type in any email address you'd like to CC on each outreach. This is essentially a BCC (as your contact receiving the email will not see the CC information).

Thanks,

Devin
Eric / Matt / Alice,

In next release, we are coming up with an option to key-in the SFDC email address in Cockpit config under Administration. All the outreach emails will be sent to that email address (Except sample runs). Will this address the requirements?

Devin,

There is a feature in SFDC where you can create an email address which can receive the Bcc copy of the email and then it will log it as an activity under the contact it finds with the email address in "To:" field.

What happens with our Email copy feature is that, copilot sends a separate copy of email with the SFDC email address in "To:" field. Gainsight includes to whom the original email is sent to in the body of this email. Because of this SFDC will not be able to log it under that contact and it will show under Unresolved items in SFDC.

Thanks for your feedback
Sundar, we would definitely take another look were that piece of SFDC functionality added. 
Matt, Will keep you posted once that feature is released from Gainsight to plug into it.
Hi Devin,

So, the CC field will not display to the customer in the email sent through Copilot?

I am thinking if we could CC the email to Salesforce email address in the CC field, it would log as an activity?
This enhancement will be part of May release
@Kendra--thanks for the link, however when sending emails from Copilot what is the source object we should be using in order to load these emails as a closed activity in SF?
The object in Gainsight that stores sent emails is called 'Email Logs' and it's located in the Matrix Data. You will load it to the Task object in Salesforce as Closed.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Good news - We are releasing this on April 7th. Team worked bit hard to advance this enhancement. Let me know your feedback after release.
Hi Sundar, will this release also work with the new Relationship functionality?  For example, we use a custom object called Customer Subscriptions to store the majority of our customer information.  There are instances where we have a single Account with multiple Customer Subscriptions.  Will logging of tasks be able to distinguish and write to each subscription?
Mike, This is essentially going to create a completed email task (essentially an activity) under the contact. If you open a contact page, this email would be seen under the Activity section because the link we make there is using Contact ID. Technically we are populating the WhoID field with Contact ID and SFDC allows only Contact ID / Lead ID there.

So the answer is no, it will not come under Customer Subscriptions Activity. To do that we need to enhance the product to make the link with a related object of your choice (Customer Subscription) and that would go under WhatID field. 

I can see how this would be useful, will add this to roadmap and wait to see if more customers would want this.