Clone Dashboard in Horizon UI

Related products: None

We want to iterate on a dashboard and not have the changes live until we have communicated to our CSMs, however there is not a “draft” state for dashboard builder. Another option would be to clone a dashboard with the global filters so I can update a cloned version and then switch out when we are ready for the updated version.

Otherwise iterating on a dashboard is very clunky and time consuming for an Admin. If I want to update in the background right now, I have to recreate the whole dashboard from scratch

Hi @andreammelde 

We do have Clone functionality today. 

Also, wanted to update you on how dashboard permissions work. Dashboard always starts as a private dashboard only visible to you + other super admins. Only when you assign the dashboard to someone in permissions popup, others can see it. So literally thats how its designed.

and not have the changes live until we have communicated to our CSMs,

@rakesh  how do you clone? I do not have that option anywhere

That should really be on the Dashboard list page…. it is not intuitive to have to go into the dashboard itself to to clone. This should look like how in the rules engine you can select the 3 dots on the dashboard list page to clone. 

This is not recorded in the documentation for the new Horizon Analytics either

No StatusPartially Fixed