Change "single" select to "multi" select drop-down list

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

Hi Team,

One of my customer (katerina) from the company (Retail Solutions) is looking to have a drop-down field in Data Management that needs to change from single select to multi-select yet it keeps saying that it has dependencies in Central Provisioning object – there were a couple that have removed yet she still keeps getting that message.

SS : https://cl.ly/580a287aca7c

Question: If there is another way to change this field to multiselect without deleting the field from all reports/rules?

Currently, it is not possible to change from single picklist to mutli-picklist. The UI, Report, and objects are set read the specific picklist type, also type is enforced when setting up categories (droplists).

Also, rule engine will not be able to set multi-picklist properly. It won't append values if we need it to, it would wipe out multiple values if selected and override it with the source value you push.

Can we consider this one as Enhancement request ?

We have run into both of these issues as well and would love to see it enhanced.

Hi Hardik,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have been making a note of all the enhancements to be made to Picklist fields and will be working on resolving this as well. Will keep you posted on updates.

Thanks

Preethi

Hello Hardik,

I have a little similar case with me where Customer has created and dropdown list and when tries to edit it from C360 section, It just allow him to edit the string (name) not the dropdown fields. Not sure on that.

Hi Team,

I wanted to know ETA on this feature and also if there is an alternative in the meantime ? Because on e of the customer have data in the field which we don’t want to lose.

Best,

Hardik

Hi @pgeorge !

Any update on the ETA for the feature? I’ve got another customer where we are noticing the same error even after removing the dependent values from the company object. May I know what can be an alternative, in this case, to change it to multi-select picklist? 

Error: 

This dropdown list category is used in the following object: Company

SS1: https://share.getcloudapp.com/v1uNBLQE

SS2: https://share.getcloudapp.com/v1uNBLQE

Best,

Hardik

Hi @hardik_mota 

We have added this as a part of our Long term roadmap. Currently, due to our technical limitations, we do not have a timeline yet.

@ssamarth will be able to provide you with timelines once they are set.

Thank you

Preethi

Hi @preethm & @ssamarth !

Thanks for the reply. In the meantime, Can we make something clearer in the UI to make that show that dropdown fields can’t be changed to multi select in the configuration UI. 

Best,

Hardik

We have a request right now to do this for a custom object we use to track customer ROI called Value Cases… we want to our team to be able to select multiple products which contributed to the ROI. Right now, we have a single-select field so they can only select the primary product. This would be amazing to have!

More generally, can we unify dropdown list and dropdown fields?

Unify dropdown lists so they can be used in both single select AND multi-select fields | Gainsight Community