Can we support the Data designer objects in the Gainsight home filters

Related products: None

Can we support the Data designer objects in the Gainsight home filters.

@rakesh 

Hi Tej,

The challenge we have today is that Gainsight Home runs in the context of Company / Relationship. The filter doesn't require configuration and automatically work. But for a report built on Data Designer, we cannot have the company reference. Note: Its not enough to add ID field, we would need all the Company fields for filtering to work. 

The path forward for this gap is to enhance DD objects to have a lookup to Company / Relationships. This is in our roadmap but is a very technically heavy lift.`Alternative is currently an idea - i.e. enhance Gainsight Home filters to be configurable like Dashboard global filters. 

Hi Tej,

The challenge we have today is that Gainsight Home runs in the context of Company / Relationship. The filter doesn't require configuration and automatically work. But for a report built on Data Designer, we cannot have the company reference. Note: Its not enough to add ID field, we would need all the Company fields for filtering to work. 

The path forward for this gap is to enhance DD objects to have a lookup to Company / Relationships. This is in our roadmap but is a very technically heavy lift.`Alternative is currently an idea - i.e. enhance Gainsight Home filters to be configurable like Dashboard global filters. 

@rakesh thank you for detailed response! This is a major gap and impacts ability for the CSM team to fully adopt GS Home over Dashboards since several of their key reports are built off Data Designers. Any idea of when we could have a solution for this?

+1 to Kendra. I was just starting to implement GS Home and immediately found this gap. Thankful for this community post that helped me quickly understand the issue I was facing. 

I can still see reason for implementing GS Home, but there is a major key report our CSMs use daily that was built off of data designer.

There is definitely a GAP in Data Designer that you can’t designate a field as a Lookup, and therefore have to pull EVERY field you might need from that object rather than just setting up a link.  That being said, once you do this, such as identify the NAME of CSM, or CSM ID, you could point that filter to that field in the data designer, if you had the ability to configure the filter as you do in Global Filters in Dashboards today!

+1 to this for sure - there are some reports you cannot build without DD (or an external tool) so not having those reports on the table is a big loss. The only way to really use them is for static versions of the reports that are pre-filtered for your layout (meaning you may need to make a copy of the report specifically for GS Home), that then can’t be updated via the global filters.

+1 on this, we are facing the same issue as we need some reports built out of Data designer like accounts without engagement, accounts without recent updates etc.

The fact that you cannot set-up the global filter like you can in Dashboard is also an issue as some reports may not be based on the same exact field and you have not way currently to map different field to one filter.

We’re going to have to recreate GS homes as a dashboards in the meantime to allow people to be able to filter all these reports as needed. This is really not ideal and cannot be a long term solutions.

We have Compliance Reports built using DD that need to be on the GS Homepage for easy access to the data for our CSMs. The work around for now is having them go back to what they’ve previously moved on from. Hopefully, this will get implemented in the future.

There is some data we pull in Gainsight from Salesforce (SFDC) that gets purged everyday w/in SFDC which requires a refresh/the need for using Data Designer. There are necessary Data Designer related reports that need to be on Gainsight Home regarding product usage. Please add this ability ASAP...seems like an oversight.

@mstollenwerk This seems like an oversight on Gainsight’s part to exclude Data Designer (DD) reports from auto filtering in Gainsight Home. There are some necessary reports that are based on DD objects that should be on home/c360. Wondering if this is also a limitation on the c360. IF so, needs to be added there as well.

@Prateek Parashar to put this on your radar

@Prateek Parashar @anirbandutta where are we at with this?

Adding @Neha Gupta for an update.

+1 on this being a real limitation of the homepage. My data designer does contain the company GSID so it seems weird i can’t configure the report from that data designer to the universal filters. 

+1 This is preventing us from using Gainsight Home at the moment.

One “workaround” we have come up with. Not a great solution, but it is working for this. Create a new object with all the data fields. Take your data designer and load it into a new object with a rule. Then you should be able to map the company ID field in the object and this will allow for the home to correctly filter based on the lookup.