Can we get license type filter show up in Permissions Bundle rules

Related products: None

Hello Team,

Can we get license type filter show up in Permissions Bundle rules

License Type is a necessary filter at permission bundles to ensure active users who are assigned with Full or Viewer license matches the count between licensed users count on user management.

Currently we could not cross verify whether licensed active users does enabled with a permission bundle or not. There is also no report facility for admin users to know the permission bundles assignment.

Adding license type as filter condition would help to understand how many licensed users are assigned with permission bundle rather not just hold entire active users on it.

+1

Would love to get this converted to an idea.

@narayanan_s  to your latter point: 

Would love to get this converted to an idea.

@narayanan_s  to your latter point: 

@darkknight converted to idea and redirected too. Thanks!!

@Srikanth  Could you let me know what use case you are talking about?

Currently, you can assign Permission Bundles to only Full users. Even adding License type as a filter may not be required as we pass only Full users by default into the rules.

@Srikanth  Could you let me know what use case you are talking about?

Currently, you can assign Permission Bundles to only Full users. Even adding License type as a filter may not be required as we pass only Full users by default into the rules.

Hi @soumitrasahu, Initially, I thought all active users are part of Permission bundle rule assignments. If only full licensed active users being part of permission bundles, we still don’t have option for bringing in viewer licensed active users for other view permission bundles but then to stay default with system generated “view_group” alone. 

@narayanan_s Viewer Licensed Users can have only one Permission Bundle (VIEW_GROUP). That’s how we have developed this license. Are you looking for some special permissions for the Viewer licensed users? Could you please let me know for which specific areas you want to assign permissions to a Viewer Licensed user?

@soumitrasahu no specific use case for now on adding special permissions for viewer license but I understand it is all system controlled than individual customer specifics after your inputs.

Here are the solutions then,

1. view_group permission bundle only for viewer.
  2. Full user licensed assigned active users only be part of other than view_group permission bundle assignments.
  3. Unlicensed active users will not be part of permission bundles assign rules.