Can a CTA Due Date be set to a specific date?

Related products: None

Is it possible to set a CTA Due Date to a specific date? For instance, if we want to invite a customer to a conference, we’d like to have tasks done on X, Y, and dates. But since we don’t know when we will identify the customer, we can’t simply say do these tasks X days from now. Instead we’d like to say do this task on this date, no matter then the CTA was fired. 

I think this would have to be an enhancement request as you can only have the Tasks in the Playbook based off the assign date of the CTA, the due date of the CTA, the assign date of a previous task, the completion date of a previous task, or No due date and then just manually change the due date to a specific day

Hi @trevor_shand :

Quick question: Are the CTA’s fired automatically (Via rule engine)?

@trevor_shand did you get a chance to view comments posted by @aditya_marla 

@aditya_marla the ones we’d like to run would be set by the rules engine.

Got it….as of today its not possible to set it to a static value. Is this a scheduled run or do is it done one time to bulk create the CTAs? If its one time, you can set the due date based in the rule run date...so ctas created in the rule run will have the same date.

@trevor_shand did you get a chance to view the comments posted by @aditya_marla 

@sai_ram I did not see this response. @aditya_marla  Here is the idea. We’d like to set up CTAs around things like new releases. So CSM could create a CTA with a playbook for “Spring Product Release.” If they didn’t know the release date, or if it changed, we could simply have the rule run regularly and look for CTAs with the Reason or Title “Spring Release” and change the dates as needed. Make sense?

Got it, Trevor. Today it's not possible to update the due date via rules engine. For the first time creation there might be some ways to work around it (you can set the due date based on the rule run date)….but for any subsequent changes, there is no way to achieve it today

We have plans on our roadmap to enhance the rules engine action to allow updating the due dates & also give the capability in the Mass Edit (to do one time corrections). I will keep you updated as and when we make any progress on this

@trevor_shand I would recommend running the CTAs based on the rule date and use a schedule to run the rule on the specific data you want. You can set the rule start and end dates to be when you want the rule to run. Its a bit of a work around but it could work. 

@jean.nairon I didn’t even think of that, thank you. It’s a bit round about but should work-ish. Hope all is well. 

@trevor_shand - its a work around for sure. But it should do the trick. :slight_smile:

Got it, Trevor. Today it's not possible to update the due date via rules engine. For the first time creation there might be some ways to work around it (you can set the due date based on the rule run date)….but for any subsequent changes, there is no way to achieve it today

We have plans on our roadmap to enhance the rules engine action to allow updating the due dates & also give the capability in the Mass Edit (to do one time corrections). I will keep you updated as and when we make any progress on this

@trevor_shand we have changed this to idea post for better tracking purposes. 

@rakesh I spoke to Trevor today, and it sounds like a really great use case.

+1 we could also use this for a similar use case

We would also like to be able to access a date field on the relationship object and make it the CTA due date. For example, our relationship object has a “launch date” and we want that to be the due date of the CTA.

@catherine.spevak thank you for bumping this to the top. I am redirecting this to the product team.

The usecases seem valid. We will consider this scenario as a part of the rules engine revamp for CTA actions. We have it planned in our medium term roadmap.

Ran into this same exact issue right now. I up voted this thread so that hopefully it becomes a product feature. I have a situation where we want a CSM to reach out to customers on a specific date who use a specific product. They need to do this at the end of the month in Q3 2021, Q4 2021 and Q1 2022. Would be nice to just be able to create email playbooks with all 3 of those dates in separate “tasks.”

+1 on this functionality. @sriram pasupathi @sai_ram 

Our use case is that we set a go live date for a customer and we create a related cta for the Onboarding Person which is meant to make sure that the client goes live on that date.

However we currently can only set an arbitrary due date that has no relevance to the go live date we added to Gainsight. Thus the CTA is ‘due’ on a completely unrelated date to the go live date.

We need to be able to relate CTA due dates to date values that are in Company. 

Is there any progress on enabling this functionality? Or a suggested workaround?

Thank you.