Call to Action: Include Overdue Task Count

Related products: None

I'm trying to create a report for our CS team managers that shows the count of CTAs that are either overdue or have tasks that are overdue. Essentially, I want a report grouped by CSM, that shows the 'Overdue' count that displays in Cockpit when CTAs/Tasks are grouped by Due Date.

As far as I know, ootb, I can only get this info through 2 reports...

1. Create a report on the Call to Action object that summarizes CTAs that are overdue. Cool, but what won't be included in the roll-up are CTAs that aren't yet due, but have associated CSTasks that are overdue because the CTA itself isn't overdue yet– fair enough.

2. Create a report from the pre-built Data Space, CTAs and Tasks. Include all tasks that are overdue and count distinc Call to Action IDs. This is ok, but again won't include everything I want. Missing this time will be CTAs that don't include playbooks/associated tasks.

Together, these two reports will provide what I need, but it's not as clean as it could be. What I really want is 1 report grouped by Assignee/CSM with a roll-up summary (count) of CTAs that are overdue or have overdue associated tasks. Which I think would be possible if there was a field on the Call to Action object that was a roll-up summary of Overdue Tasks. Then I could just create a report from the Call to Action object and include the report filters CTA = Overdue or Overdue Task Count > 0. Already included in the managed object are the fields:

• Task Count

• Open Task Count

• Closed Task Count

Thought I could just add a custom field to the object and populate via Rules Engine, but I kinda forgot that we can't write to Call to Action (outside of create or close CTAs)... womp, womp. Going to try to create a relationship roll-up summary via sfdc Process+Flow, but still think this field would be a solid addition to the managed object.

Hello, I wanted to resurrect this post! I’m trying to give a “score” to success plans based on number of overdue tasks. Would love to have the overdue task count as an option to use in both reporting and in rules engine. For the score, I would be using the success plan object.