Bionic rule Dataset Tasks need preview option

Related products: None

I understand (conceptually) the move from custom to bionic rules. In my attempt to embrace the change, I went to build a new, one step rule as a bionic rule, rather than a custom rule. It's going to consist of a dataset task and an action.

The number 1 issue I have with this is that I can't preview my data set. Am I returning generally the right data with the filters I have applied?

I had no idea how much I liked/appreciated/needed that simple button until just now!
This is a feature, keeping us busy these days. It shall make it for next release!
Jeff,

This is planned for fall release. You will be able to preview the results of each dataset task in the Bionic Rule.

Regards,

Jitin
YES! That is great. Been a pain point for me.
Will it exist in Query Builder as well for Advanced Outreaches?
That's great news! I've been having to use Custom rules to preview results and then build it out using bionic rules so this will save me some time. 
Woohooo! Thanks GS Product team for hearing our cries! 
Hear hear! This ability to Preview would shave a lot of troubleshooting time off Bionic rule construction.

In the meantime, I did find one bit of help that's live now (and confirmed by Gainsight support). Once you run a rule (Normal or Test mode), you can use the Execution History to see the final dataset Gainsight has compiled before the rule progresses into the Rule Actions.

While it's not a preview of the intermediate datasets, this does give you a look into the final dataset you've compiled in Gainsight while you're constructing and editing Bionic Rules.

Follow this path:

1. Open the Rules Engine

2. Click your rule (Tip: Do not open it for editing)

3. Click the Execution History tab

4. Click the Rule Run

5. Expand View Logs

6. Find Get Link.

Nice!
Just curious, when is the Fall release? I can't find any dates within Support.Gainsight.com
https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/categories/gainsight_release_notes

Hey Johnny - I was able to find this in the Product News community.  November 28!
I am logged in to the Early Access demo environment and am trying to preview a dataset task and I'm just getting the following:

Hi Jeff, 

There might be something incorrectly configured with your environment; probably best to get support involved to dig into that error message and help out. 

Here is what it should look like (I was doing some testing earlier today with this feature):

Thanks Dan. I'm in the preview environment that Gainsight (Lila) provided via email earlier today.  

I was trying the "Preview" button inside the Dataset Task (upper right corner in screenshot below).  I guess I'm looking in the wrong place? 

A lot has changed in GS in the last 9 months.  I have to play catch up!
Hi Jeff,

Preview option on the upper right corner of the dataset tasks will be available only for fetch tasks from 28th Nov onwards along with the fall release. While this option will be available only for the fetch tasks, there is preview and download option available on the execution history as well.

Regards,

Jitin
Hi , Happy to inform you that this is implemented and shipped in Fall release on 28th November, 2017. Thanks for posting! Your feedback matters, please continue posting!

You can find more details here
Thanks! The new preview option is a great feature, has already saved me lots of time while testing out rules I am building. 
Sounds great! that you started using it .
This has seriously changed my life! Thanks again.