Bigger Text Box For Scorecard Comments

Related products: None

I have a request for a customer to increase the overall size of the comments box. Users are typing in several sentences into this box and the window is very small. Users have to scroll through the box to get the full message which can be a bit frustrating. 

I agree several on my CSM team have the same limitation, they are not able to see all of their comments and/or the size of the comments in which they are pasting is larger than the alloted character limit
And, each text box seems to get smaller as you progress down the page.  
+1 to this idea - I've had customers ask for this as well. 
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Adjust Scorecard Comments.

We would like to see the ability to adjust the scorecard comments section on the C360.  Right now if you have more than a few lines you need to scroll thru the box.  It would be nice if this would adjust dynamically or if you had the ability to change the font size so everything shows without having to scroll.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled [Request] Ability to adjust the height of the comment section in Scorecard.

When entering comments in the Scorecard, the box on the right hand side of the scorecard is used by our CSMs to capture contextual data supporting the manual score. The box's height, however, is not tall and it is very tedious to see what has been written or to make changes where there is a significant amount of text. Is it possible to make the box taller?
We have the same request. Our CSMs add comments to their subjective scorecards whenever a score has declined. Although they date their comments, both the CSMs and others viewing the comments find it very difficult to review the history without scrolling.

Hi All, 

Thanks for sharing this. Agree that when there is a lot of content in the comments section, it's difficult to consume the date. Would having the option to view the comments in a pop-up/overlay make sense (i.e something like when the user click on the comments section, the selected measure comments open in a pop-up/overlay more...with more space to read or edit the comments?)
From my point of view, that would be introducing another element to the UI. The optimal solution for us would be to have a box that is dynamic in size depending on the amount of text available.

+1
Got it, agree that it should not be invasive like a pop-up. Don't you think that with dynamic sizing, as the size of the comments increases the number of measures that are visible in the screen would keep going down? 

Would something like, when you click on the measure it expand in the same place to show more comments be better? Something like this: 

I checked with some of our CSMS and here's their response: In general I like the idea, but would have a few clarifying questions.  1.  Would it function as a "hover" option such that when you hover of the comments that a pop up screen displays?   2.  Could comments be added to the pop up window that displays or is it read-only (hopefully not just read only)?  3.  Would the pop up window be a set specific size or could the CSM drag on a corner to make it bigger? What about CSMs that update comments on a scorecard dashboard - same need to have more room for comments.... Thanks!

I can see the logic behind your option. The problem I'm trying to solve is for upper management quick access to the info without scrolling or clicking. An alternative solution would be to be able to size each field based on text lines plus available space in the screen, that way you have all in one screen but if the text box needs more space, include a visual queue on the side (scrolling bar) that is visible only on those boxes with hidden text but no need to hover over or click. Makes sense?
Hi Jeanne,

1)It would not be a hover option...basically, when the user clicks on the comments section today we show them only in the limited space that is available. The idea is to have more space for it (so that the user can easily consume the comments / edit the comments).

2)The user can read or/and update the comments (do you think there is a need to have it read-only?)

3)Good point, we are thinking that it would be dynamic (the size would be based on the existing comments) & that would have a max height - after which it would start scrolling

Would that help your CSM's

Regards
Hi Marcelo,

If I understand correctly, based on the screen size the comments can take up more space (i.e, if you are seeing it in a large screen, provide more space for the comments)

Agree on the second point, even today we can scroll within the comments section..but the visual cue is missing. Also do you think scrolling within the limited height is a good experience?

Aditya,

Correct on your first statement, so it should be dynamic hight based on screen sizing.

Scrolling with limited hight for me is not a good option right now as most people miss it (specially if they are not actively using Gainsight - upper management). If we get dynamic hight and still have text hidden withn the box, the scroll bar should be visible regardless on if you hover the text or not.
I have been speaking with a customer who is seeing this as a pain point as well and would like to add their use case to the conversation. 

Use Case: Our CSMs exert a great deal of time documenting their observations and justifications of the manual risk scores (in the scorecard). In fact, some of the comments are upwards of 1,000 characters. The CSM's manager would like to read through the comments entered by the CSM however the size of the comment box is very small and the navigation of the comment box is a bit tedious. Since the user experience of the manager is not so great, we are wondering if those comments would be exposed on a report. The example I would like to implement is that a manager could have a report (on a dashboard) of all their staff's customer risk scores and comments (yes, 1,000 characters if the CSM entered that much). The manager would not be able to read the verbose comments on the screen but we were hoping that the manager would have the ability to download the report details as a csv/excel (normal functionality on reports ... or emailed if the file is too large). Once downloaded/emailed by the manager, they could open the document up in excel and format the columns as appropriate so they can see the entire set of comments

Agree.
We find ourselves using the comment section - particularly for manual measures - a lot in terms of validating or addressing the measure trends whether they be positive or negative.
It should likely be adjustable too, that way a customer can define the perfect size based on user feedback. 
Hi All, We have good news for all the Scorecard users! We are releasing an amazing feature called Scorecards-Timeline integration, with this most of the Scorecard comments issues will be solved.We have done Scorecards-Timeline integration and now we maintain a history of comments for each scorecard measure. With this, you can see the scorecard comments related information like when and who gave the scorecard comment.

• Multiple customers asking to change the size of the scorecard comments box, with this enhancement the sizing issue will be fixed.

• You can create a Timeline Activity for a Measure or the Overall score.

• When you create a Timeline Activity from Scorecard, the current score of the Measure or Overall score is also captured.

• Timeline Activities in Scorecard can be created either from the C360/R360 or Mass Edit report pages and from a Rule.

This will be available in the upcoming release! cheers everyone !!!

This is great news! Looking forward to seeing it in action.