Bi-directional syncing of contacts

Related products: CS Other Features

Hi

We would like the ability to add new contacts and update existing contacts in Gainsight, and to push the new/updated information into Salesforce. CS owns contacts post-sale; having accurate contact information and an efficient contact update process is critical for the org.

Thank you.

Hi @jacqumul,

You can currently use the “Load to Salesforce object” rule action to write data from the Gainsight Person model back to Salesforce Contacts. We do have real-time sync of Contacts to Salesforce in our roadmap as well.

Thanks,

Kunal  

Hi @kunal_bhat,

can you give an update on the real time sync of Contacts to Salesforce?

When can we expect a feature like this?

Thanks

Christian

Hey,

I see this message is from 9 months ago, can you share more information about the ability to sync contacts in real-time from Gainsight into SFDC? That’s very important for us.

Thanks,

Tal

Hi @TalAmor 

This is work in progress, and is planned for the short term roadmap

We have a VCAM set to get feedback for the same.  Registration

Would love to get your feedback and suggestions.

Thank you 

Preethi

Hi @jacqumul  @TalAmor 

We have opened Real time sync from Salesforce to Gainsight as a controlled Beta as a part of the Jan release.

If you wish to participate in the Beta, do raise a Support ticket and we will add you to the Beta program

Thank you

Preethi

@pgeorge  does this imply that it is bidirectional real time?

Hi @pgeorge ,

I have the same needs!

1. We are updating GS Person information by Rules engine: getting SF contact + getting GS customer -> merge it by SF Account ID → update GS Person info
  2. After CSE get this information, they can add additional contacts or update current one, and we need to push this info to SF. We can do it via Rules engine, but may be you have more smoothly flow that will check if information updated or not and then do some updates? 

Best regards,

Hi @pgeorge ,

I’ve realized that we have no object Contact to be updated from Rules Engine → Load to SFDC Object 😫

Could you help to resolve this?

Best regards,

@Genbiw  Go into Rule Settings to make sure the system has Load Actions permissions to the SFDC Contacts Object.  Here is a link to the Guide:  https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/03Rules_Engine/03Set_Up_Rule_Action_Types/Configure_Load_to_SFDC_Objects_Action_Type#Configure_Rule_Load_Actions

I hope this helps.  

Any update on this one? 

Still looking for an easy way to sync contacts created in Gainsight back to Salesforce.  

Hello @john.cowles @christian_auner  @TalAmor @Erseburse @Genbiw 

Gainsight to Salesforce Real time Bi-Directional Sync is currently in beta which means now you can sync Accounts , Contacts and Cases in both direction between Gainsight and Salesforce.

Do let me know If you are interested to take part in this beta.

We just launched our rule based sync for this last month, but I am interested in this if it can replace what we have in a more simple way.

When is the target release for this feature and is there any documentation we can review on it yet?  

@john.cowles  setup for this integration is quite simple and easy to manage. 
Our Ops team will be sharing a consent form to enable this Beta in your org ,which will have the support document for reference.

IN DEVELOPMENTImplemented

@inagar can you please add me to the beta?

@inagar can you please add me to the beta?

@Cornelia could you pl take care of formalities here

@evan.robinson .. this feature is now available to all instances in US and EU datacenter, you should be able to configure the job.. here is the support document for same, do let me know if you want some assistance in this 
https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Connectors/Connectors/CRM_Integrations/Gainsight_to_Salesforce_Real-Time_Sync