Show original name of field somewhere when changing the display name

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

Hey Guys,

I was on a call with a customer Today and we came across a field with a custom field name and we are having a hard time determining the original filed.

Do you have any plans to display the original field name? Maybe in the black box when hovering over the field.

Hi Michael, Got the context, definitely a good one to implement. I am pushing this to our Product Backlog.

As workaround could you request customer to mention the original name in the brackets for now.

Ex: E SID (Entitlement SID)
I'm actually moving this to a public category for further customer comment. I agree this is a small change, but would be really helpful. This typically comes up when someone else created the report, and I'm trying to figure out what field they used but can't because it's been re-named.
This works this way on MDA data (shows the path under the field name when you hit the cog).  Need to replicate on native SFDC data.
Would love to see this enhancement! When going back to reports where a field has been renamed, I have resorted to finding the field I think is used and attempting to add it in order to confirm if my assumption was correct. 
This should be easy to install since the data is coming from somewhere, just retain and display the source field.  Adding this to the actual field name is a very clunky work around IMHO.
Adding in my vote here - although you can find the field API name via Inspect Element, this is not intuitive for admins and it should be exposed in the UI for ease of use. This would improve the overall admin experience, especially in the case of admin turnover or multiple admins.