Be able to embed an NPS question into a CoPilot Email Template

Related products: None

For basic NPS surveys that only have the 1 NPS question, it would be wonderful if we could just embed that one question into the CoPilot email template rather than a button linking to the survey that just has the one question. This would increase response rate exponentially!
Brittany, that is definitely a great idea. I'll defer to Product to verify, but I think we may have that under consideration for the roadmap, at some point. 
Let me know what they say. Would love for this to take effect asap as we build out our quarterly NPS surveys/outreaches for 2016.
Brittany, Few questions around this

1. Will you be satisfied with the reports that are available in Copilot as of now (or) would you like to see the reports that you see right now in Survey Analytics?

2. Continuation to the above, I assume that would want to see the survey analytics report directly in Copilot screen right?

3. Creating CTA's out of the NPS surveys would also be important I assume !!
Thanks for bringing this up. This feature is under consideration but your input will add a lot of value especially at this stage of planning. 
Sundar,

These questions are definitely important!

1) Short Answer: No. Long Answer: The Survey Analytics tab is much more robust than the Copilot one since Copilot only really reports on the distribution analytics while surveys includes response analytics question by question. However, since the only question in this survey would be an NPS question, these analytics are essentially available in the NPS tab as well. So as long as NPS is still connected, Survey Analytics may not be necessary, but I assume Surveys and NPS tabs are not mutually exclusive.

2) Not necessarily. Currently, when I look at my Survey outreach analytics I flip back and forth between the Copilot and Surveys. I use Copilot to focus on distribution analytics and Surveys to focus on response analytics. So if I had to continue doing the same that wouldn't be a problem.

3) You are correct! CTA's would definitely still be important!

Would it be possible to do something similar to the Add Survey Button in the Copilot Email Template (ie choose NPS Survey Q1), and then in the pop up, choose a subcategory that allows you to embed a question in the button (ie. Embed Question #1)? Or in a reverse way have an Add Survey Question Button and then in that pop up select the survey you want to pull from and the question # you want to embed?  This way it would still be connected to the Survey, the Survey Analytics and the CTA's.

That may sound simple to me, but could be very complex on your end so just throwing it out there.
That makes sense. 

Thanks for your input, will keep you posted on the updates here
Sundar,

Any updates on this?
Hi Brittany, this is on short term roadmap and fully spec'd out. We plan to start working on this post the May release. ETA July/Aug timeframe.
Thanks for the update Gaurav!
Gaurav-- is this still planned ETA for July/ Aug?  Had another customer asking about this as well!  Thanks! 
This is still on the cards. Unfortunately based on some of the other work (such as semi-automation) email, this is a risk for August release I will update as I find out more. Thanks
Hello Gaurav,

Not sure if there is an update on this one? We're currently running 5.1.1 in QA and I'd like to test some similar functionality whereby there is the "meshing" of Surveys and Copilot featurizing. In other words, as Brittany outlined initially, the ability to Integrate a Survey ? within the Copilot email.

This would provide 1) Most aesthetically pleasing email communication (through Copilot Template, 2) Provide the respondent a "quick and done" execution of the question(s) and would logically increase response exponentially.

Net-Net, I haven't had a single CSM provide feedback that they liked being redirected to a superlonghyperlinkedaddresstotakethesurveyfrom. Additionally, if our CSM's don't like the look-n-feel their probably not as enthusiastic in supporting outreach efforts.

At the end of the day, we don't get a second chance to make a first impression and thus keeping the respondents attention towards the objective of responding is paramount. We get one shot at obtaining feedback before either unsubscribing / filtering / spam reported becomes the next step(s). Thank you.

Mark 
Mark,

Feeling your pain on the responses rates.

Have you tried adding the survey as a Button in the CopIlot templates? That at least helps to solve the aesthetic issues and rids the email of the long hyperlink.
Hello Brittany,

I'm a fairly new admin, so I hadn't even thought of that as a possibility. I have looked into my Corporate Branded Copilot email template, whereby I can see the Button and then the ability to Hyperlink, thus, looking promising. 

So, to ensure I'm following correctly...should I theoretically send a test email from my Survey / distribute it to myself to obtain the URL, which in turn I would simply Copy-n-Paste in the Button on the Copilot email template?

If there is a way to decipher the Surveys URL without sending a test email or distributing to myself that would be helpful to understand. Next, if I continue to connect the dots...I should then have the best of both worlds (i.e. Copilot Email Template Aesthetics with Survey functionality w/o the short comings of the Survey Email Template)? 

Lastly, I think that would then bring myself to the point further in your comment(s) about managing the Survey Analytics & the Copilot Analytics, since in theory you are having to manage both Analytics in parallel / simultaneously? Albeit a downstream issue I'd be fine dealing with out of the gate.

Either way, I think this is a very appealing workaround and appreciate the follow-up on this one. 

Mark 
Mark,

Glad that could resolve at least part of the issue.

There's actually no need to c/p any urls. From the CoPilot Template build, there's the Three Dot Icon on the far right. Click that, then the drop down next to Survey. There, choose Button, and in the pop up you can choose which Survey you want to link to from the drop down as well as edit the Button text you would like to show. In order for the survey to appear in that drop down list of choices, you first have to have it set up for CoPilot distribution in the Survey builder tab. Survey > (Survey you're trying to send) > Properties: Email Service and choose CoPilot from that dropdown. 

Hope that helps!

Regarding the analytics, it is a bit of a pain, but not the worst. If your survey is just a single NPS question, the analytics in the Survey and NPS tabs are essentially the same thing just different visualizations of the NPS response, so it's your preference of presentation on which tab to use. If you have more that one question, the NPS tab only provides analytics on the NPS question while the Survey tab has it for all questions. The Survey tab also includes macro distribution analytics which Copilot analytics provides and expands upon.

Best,

Brittany
Hi Brittany,

At first glance it seems to all make sense and thx for the pointers. There's a bit here and after digesting it, I will take a look in our QA & PROD environments and replicate this. I now see the ability to use the Three Dot Menu menu to perform some of what I was thinking through. I appreciate your help in accelerating my learning curve on this one. Take care.

Mark 
Guarav,

How is this looking for a release since we're now into September?
I second Brittany here -- the feature of embedding the survey within the mail will greatly increase the response rates. Any update on when this will be available ? 
I second Brittany here -- the feature of embedding the survey within the mail will greatly increase the response rates. Any update on when this will be available ? 
Hi - I like to bump this up to see if there has been progress on this ask.
Hi all! 

I was wondering if you already have any updates on this? My specific usecase would be to embed a "normal" (not NPS) question with only two answer possibilities (yes/no) in the mail template, and these answers then link to a further survey in a new window? 

Another idea of mine was to add two buttons with different labelling to the email template, which both link to the same survey. In this case it would be handy, if we could track, how many people clicked on button 1 and how many clicked on button 2.

In my situation we want to send out a survey but in the first step we don't want a new window to open but that our respondents can only click thumbs up or down in the mail itself. This then links to a survey but we want everyone to get the same survey, so no dependencies on who clicked thumbs up or down.

At the current stage it is only possible to track, which link was opened how often, am I right here? So, if both buttons link to the same survey i cannot tell who clicked yes or no, right?

Thanks already!
@Gainsight product development, could you let us know if this will be in the May release?

Thanks,
We have it in our product roadmap but it is not getting released in May. However post may release this will be major item that team will work on and we should have it in Gainsight Summer Release.

Thanks for all your patience.
GREAT NEWS!
To clarify: will we be able to embed any single question, or just an NPS question?
You can embed NPS and single select dropdown question