Automatically Updating Salesforce Fields via Survey Responses/Notes

Related products: None

Hey GS Community,

I have a customer that wants to be able to pair different fields in Salesforce with certain CTAs, surveys, and/or notes so that the account managers do not have to manually update fields themselves. For example in a survey, if a customer responded a certain answer to a question, the chosen Salesforce field paired to that question would automatically update based on the user’s answer.
I suspect that this could be accomplished using the Rules Engine.  Have you investigated that approach?
We have talked about that, the thing is they want this to be updated immediately not waiting for a rule to run. 
I see.  Bionic Rules can run every two hours.  Is there a use case for things being truly synchronous?  I would be interested to understand what that is.  
HI Cameron,

We have in the roadmap of Advanced outreach the ability to update fields("Update Field" Action) when a certain event happens. In the case of survey, you should be able to set a condition where you say that once the survey has been responded, then update the field value of an object to a certain value.

Does that address your use case? The timeline for this feature is not known at this point and we will keep the thread updated once we have clarity regarding the same.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hi Abhishek,

Is there any update here? We also have a similar use case where the response on the survey automatically updates a field in Salesforce
Hi Sarah, we have a similar process internally at Gainsight within our instance of Gainsight and we use a Bionic rule to take the data in the survey response and write to a few SFDC fields. Would that work for your use case?
That could work for us! So the source of the data could be the survey response as long as it's Gainsight's native survey tool? 
Yes, it would work swimmingly. 

If you had another survey tool in use, you'd just have to make the survey data available either via SFDC or import into Gainsight via S3 or our Bulk API, then the rules engine could access the data and manage the update of the SFDC field you had in mind.
Thanks a lot Dan! We are in the middle of sending out some data from Gainsight for the first time over to SFDC. If all goes well, survey results would be the next step. Really appreciate your help here