Success Plan Objective Due Dates

Related products: CS Success Plans

We would like to have more options for setting objective due dates when creating the success plan templates (much like we see with playbook task due dates). Instead of just having the option to set the due date to be a certain number of days after the assigned date, can we also have the option of a certain number of days before the success plan due date?

I found a similar post where this enhancement is mentioned in the comments, but the other suggestion appears to have been prioritized instead.
Hi Britton,

This has not been taken up yet. Will keep you updated as and when it gets picked up. The main use case for you would be to set the objective due dates based on the Success Plan Due dates right? (Or do you have the need for it to be based on the previous objectives due date as well?)

Regards
We would actually like both options. Setting due dates based on previous objectives would be good to quickly adjust the success plan when some snag or delay comes up while the CSM and client is working through it.
Got it...thanks for sharing this.
Hi - this is something we're very interested in as well as we're building out our Success Plan templates. Ideally we'd have "Due Date - (minus) ____Days" in addition to "Assign Date + ___ Days". 

Hey there, this is something we would also greatly appreciate, as due dates are our triggers and we want the objectives to be based on them.

Is there any update on whether this functionality is on the roadmap or not? Cheers :)

Hey there,

I take it there is no update to this functionality? Would be great to hear whether you guys see the business value behind the functionality :)

Best, Tim

Hi Tim,

Yes this is something that is definitely there on our radar but unfortunately, we have not gotten around to start working on this. I will keep you posted as an when we have any update on this 

+1 for the objectives (and tasks) to be linked to the Due Date of the overall success plan. 

We use Success Plans for onboarding our new customers and the Due Date = Launch Date.

A Launch should be done within 90 days so we create them automatically with this in mind however once the CSM has spoken with the client and found out their planned launch date they would like to be able to just update the overall Due Date and all objectives and tasks due dates (and tbh start dates) to fall in line with that. This should be the case for if there is a change to the planned launch date too. 

We started off with a nicely laid out success plan split in to multiple objectives based on topic (kick-off, platform set-up, etc) with various tasks under each, but if the CSM updates the Launch Task (which sits under just one of the objectives) then only the tasks in the same grouping get updated which puts everything else on the wrong planned trajectory. 

We’ve switched to having just one objective with all 30 tasks under it, and each task due date working off one called Launch. But any changes to that doesn’t get reflected at the overall Success Plan due date so both have to be updated. Also it’s aesthetically pretty bad as everything is in just one long list. 

Is there an update on this getting on the roadmap by chance? We are definitely in need of wanting objectives to have more dynamic start and due dates. Especially the instance of having the due date be based off the previous objectives completion date (like when making a task due off of another task’s close date for CTAs). Thanks!

@colleen_fleming Thanks for bringing this up!! We have planned a lot of new enhancements in Success Plans for coming releases, hope this is also included. I will confirm with the product team and get back to you. 

@colleen_fleming Thanks for bringing this up!! We have planned a lot of new enhancements in Success Plans for coming releases, hope this is also included. I will confirm with the product team and get back to you. 

@colleen_fleming product team confirmed that this is added to road-map. I will update here once this is considered for release. 

This is going to be sweet!

End Proctoring-

@jamieordway @lindseyyoung5 @ashleyyoung 

End Proctoring-

Adding dependencies between objectives in Gantt chart and in templates is in development and should be available soon. Similar dependencies can be added between tasks within the objective. The initial dependencies available will be - start date of objective is dependent on due date of previous objective and due date of objective is dependent on assigned/start date of the same objective. Similarly dependencies for tasks.

I looked over whats new in Horizon SP’s and it seems like setting objective dates based on plan due date is still not possible? Is that correct?

When a CSM creates a SP and then add’s a template we want (or rather need!) the Objectives due date to be based on the SP due date (as opposed to Created Date). 

Please please please add this functionality..!!

We have a use case to allow setting quarters as due dates for objectives in success plans.

Why? Our CSMs spend a lot of time updating due dates for objectives throughout the life of the success plan as they are often very fluid and unpredictable. Instead of having to set a due date to a specific date in the future, I’m wondering if we can have the ability to set quarters as due dates instead. Thanks!

How is this not a thing, when we can change the unit of time for wait steps (minutes, days, weeks, etc.)?

@mpatra could you pl take a look at this idea?