Automatically attach file to CTAs

Related products: CS Cockpit & Playbooks

How can I automatically attach a file to a CTA? That is, every time a specific CTA fires, the files needed to help with the process are there. For example, we have a CTA for their quarterly EBR. To support this, the CSMs have created an EBR template to fill out. Right now they need to know there is a template and where to find it. I'd like to have it so every time the EBR CTA fired, the file would simply be attached.
Hi Trevor, I think what you're describing is a feature enhancement -- the ability to attach a file to a Playbook and then trigger a CTA with that Playbook from the Rules Engine. I'm going to switch this post from a Question to an Idea, so the product manager will see it too. Thanks for your input!
Ahh, I thought I'd read somewhere that this was already possible. Thank you for moving it.
Users can manually attach files to CTAs, but I don't think it's possible via Playbooks and Rules.

https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/229988467-Configure-CTA-File-Attachments
I saw that, which may have been what gave me the idea we could automate it.
This is a great idea, Trevor! I could see many use cases for it, from a CSM perspective. I'm hoping tis is on our roadmap.

If you haven't already, be sure to register for our Roadmap webinar tomorrow!
Hi Trevor,

One idea I've seen used is to put the template online like in a shared Google Drive, Box or Dropbox folder and then paste the link to the doc in the description text of the CTA.
Trevor - Is the file same for all the CTA's? if yes then Dan's Idea would be best suited. You can add the file link in CTA comments section.
Has this ever been enabled?

I would like to add a Document that must be completed during onboarding and used to create a Collaborative Success Plan, and the ability to supply the document for the CSM on the CTA is perfect.
Hi Bill,

I think your request is similar to the discussion on this thread. Please take a look and let us know if you're trying to do something a little different. The original request in this post was not implemented in the product. 
Thanks Lila,

Yes I knew about that feature and we use that for our customers already, my request was internal, as in the Attachment resided on the CTA task and the CSM saw it.