Automatic Rule Deactivation Notifications from Gainsight

Related products: None

I just discovered that Gainsight automatically turns off your rules after they’ve failed a certain amount of times. Not sure where/when this was communicated, but my bad for not knowing.

At any rate, we had an integration outage and I received tons of failure emails, and these notifications got lost in the midst.

Instead of, or in addition to these emails, can the deactivation alerts be a PX popup engagement when admins log in? One little email doesn’t seem to be sufficient for this type of automatic action - if your rules are getting deactivated without your intervention, GS needs to blast people about it.

Hello @bradley, thanks for your post. We understand that the email may not suffice to intimate you on the automatic action, and this does sound like a good idea to intimate people about the automatic action other than just an email. 

Having our Product Manager look into this and see what best can be done in situations as such. 

@Cornelia Thanks! My idea may not be the right one, but as they don’t turn back on on their own they can be easy to miss. And as far as I could tell the alert only went to one person, so if someone is on leave when it happens it becomes increasingly difficult to monitor.

Also, if a bunch of rules are failing there’s probably an underlying reason for it and maybe an alert should trigger for THAT. 

Hey @bradley, our Product Manager is looking into this and will get back to you as soon as he has an explanation /answer for you. 

Hi Bradley,

Yes, we have done this change in one our major releases. If a particular rule fails 3 times, we mark it as inactive because most likely it will continue to fail. We have had some instances where wrong configurations are running 200+ times and this impacts the overall performance that other customers experience with their rule processing. 

It might or might not be possible for us to leverage PX engagement, but @bradley  how about we leverage Notifications/Notification groups for this to all super admins.

Hi Bradley,

Yes, we have done this change in one our major releases. If a particular rule fails 3 times, we mark it as inactive because most likely it will continue to fail. We have had some instances where wrong configurations are running 200+ times and this impacts the overall performance that other customers experience with their rule processing. 

It might or might not be possible for us to leverage PX engagement, but @bradley  how about we leverage Notifications/Notification groups for this to all super admins.

Thanks for the reply on this @rakesh - There is definitely an element of user error on my part in recognizing this. My problem was that our integration broke so all our rules were failing, meaning I got tons of alert emails which all went into the bin once our integration was back. Only a couple rules were deactivated so I didn’t notice right away.

Honestly, if there was a “paused” status for a rule that is only used when GS deactivates a failed rule and those get pinned to the top of rules engine that would be helpful too. Because the rules always need to be manually get turned on, emails are pretty easy to get lost in the shuffle, so more, persistent visibility on deactivations is good imo.

@anirbandutta @ophirsw This is something that could also live in an Admin Home I would think. Could be in addition to my earlier suggestion.

@anirbandutta @ophirsw This is something that could also live in an Admin Home I would think. Could be in addition to my earlier suggestion.

@rakesh on this thread