Question

Timeouts and delays in Gainsight application

• 21 October 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Has anyone else been having problems with timeouts or lengthy delays in GS?

Tried to create a new report in Report Builder - took 19 seconds to load the Repository.  Took 32 seconds to load after clicking "New Report."

When I go to Administration -> Data Spaces....after 30 second I get a JSON error:

I tried opening Administration -> Data Management....after 29 seconds MDA screen loaded saying No data found, which of course caused me to panic:

Now....as I am about to post this...suddenly the MDA and Data Spaces are back.   Which is good...but this was very unnerving.  This was happening over about a 20-30 minute period.

Maybe unrelated, but we've been getting a lot of reports over the last several days from CSMs about CTA, CS360 screens loading slowly - particularly in APAC and EMEA.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
This is related to the attacks against Dyn today.
Badge +3
At this point, that is what it looks like.  We are working with our providers to confirm this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks Denise.  Yeah I knew about this morning's issues but then when it said that was fixed, I thought this might be something different.  But I guess it's all related to the cyber attacks against Dyn?
Badge +3
You can also check our new status site, Jeff - status.gainsight.com

We will continue to post in both places but you can clearly see the spike from this AM.   
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Ok apparently this is tied to https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/-incident-elevated-api-errors-in-mda-backed-service...