Workaround Available

Automated migration of Rules from Production to Sandbox

Userlevel 4
As Admin - I always look how to replicate data/configuration to Sandbox and I have not seen any automated process to replicate rules/configuration to sandbox or sandbox to production.  Idea is to have automated process to perform rules/migration to/from environments.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Brijesh, this is something we just started working on. Not a small project, but expect to see progress on this soon. 
Now that Salesforce has included a partial copy sandbox with "Lightning Enterprise" Salesforce licensing, by creating a sandbox template including all objects, that catches all the JBCXM custom objects & when you login to the Sandbox, you'll see ALL your Gainsight Config.   Now I just have to learn how to configure Gainsight in Sandbox to activate the connection to Gainsight's back end.
Userlevel 4
our usecase it migrating to production
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hey Brijesh, I know its been awhile since you posted about migrating data but I thought I would comment to make sure you have learned about Gainsight Migration tool?
I just posted the below to Community today and thought you might find it helpful.
Cross-org Migration: Sandbox to Production or Production to Sandbox
Userlevel 4
Todd - i am using migration tool where i am finding that Rule with Account objects only support and not for other types of object.
Userlevel 2
Vote up! I like to test this as well 🙂
Userlevel 5
Hi Megan,

Have you tried using Cross Org Migration tool - https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Administration/General_Administration/Cross-org_...

Regards,
Hitesh
Userlevel 2
I more would use it to test outcomes versus migration. I am fine building in Prod direct but if you want to test how something will appear in the system and not just in excel files. Is that part of this?
Userlevel 7
Badge

You can now refresh you Gainsight sandbox which grabs all the latest data from Production. I don’t believe you can automate this through the rules engine but it will help to update all the data. 

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Administration_and_Permissions/General_Administration/Gainsight_Sandbox_Management#Refresh_an_existing_Sandbox