Auto Unfollow Notification Settings

Related products: CS 360 Company & Relationships

Love the auto-subscription feature based on role assignment on Company and/or Relationship records as detailed here: https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Notifications/Admin_Guides/Admin_Notification_Settings#Configuring_Auto-Subscription_for_Notifications 

However, when someone is unassigned from, say, the CSM user lookup on a Company, they are not automatically unfollowed from the Company. That’s not fun. Let’s fix that please. 

Collating requirements from @Elana Cipin’s idea before merging the two:

(1) Have ability to report on what Companies you are following (I understand this might be available in SFDC, but not NXT).

(2) Have ability as an admin to Mass unfollow

Hello @gunjanm, thanks for your post and feedback, will have our Product Manager look into your feedback and circle back to you on this.

Hello @gunjanm 

I agree, this wehave in our roadmap. I will update once we fix this.

Hello All, 
This is in our near term roadmap, we will keep you posted about updates.

@chethana thank you - I am now at a new company and facing the same issue and request from several CSMs. Do we have an idea of timeline? What is “near term”? If there is any opportunity to beta test, we would love to do it. 

@chethana thank you - I am now at a new company and facing the same issue and request from several CSMs. Do we have an idea of timeline? What is “near term”? If there is any opportunity to beta test, we would love to do it. 

@gopal_rao_kallepu would you be able to share something on this item?

How about a way to view a list of “Follows” for each User?

And a way to manage the “Follows” list both for Admins and Users?

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Agree with Ben’s comment. It’s challenging to even see who you’re following and unfollow. So any way we can see that as a whole would be awesome. 

This would be great to have! I’m so happy its in the planned status.

Has anybody verified with their users that the auto-follow is working as expected? I have a ticket open and Support has advised the following:

As per current functionality, it doesn't automatically update the auto-subscription(Following) flag for the updated/newly added CSM to the company. Admins have to manually re-save the Notifications Settings from the Administration tab, so that, the backend process will pick the latest data and update the Auto-subscriptions accordingly.

They are suggesting that auto-follow is only applied when you remove/add/save the settings in the instance-level Notification Settings (e.g. https://xxxxx.gainsightcloud.com/v1/ui/notificationsettings#/) and not when the Company :: CSM field is updated

I would definitely like mass/auto-unfollow to work but it’s even more important for auto-follow to actually be ‘auto’

What does “planned” mean? When is this feature going to be live? 

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

@Dheepak G to put this on your radar.

@Dheepak G any feedback here?

DevelopmentOpen

We are going through account reassignment exercise for the new year, and this is coming up as a issue for all our CSM Team that uses CTA notifications- they continue receiving notifications for accounts they no longer manage.  Seems like we should be able to see what you follow/ unfollowing, and bulk updating/ automation- I don’t see our CSM team getting around this any other way.