Attachments Section on 360

Related products: CS 360 Company & Relationships

Would love the option to add an attachment section to the C360 so we can store key documents such as in-play contracts - we currently upload these to the timeline but they very quickly get obscured by the rest of the entries and it’s a very common need to recheck contracts for anything nuanced and not easily expressed in attribute sections. 

As we use GSuite, our workaround for this has been to add a “Document Links” section in the Success Plan where you can hyperlink text and direct users to a Google Sheet, Doc, Slides etc. Wonder if something like that might work for you?

Would love the option to add an attachment section to the C360 so we can store key documents such as in-play contracts - we currently upload these to the timeline but they very quickly get obscured by the rest of the entries and it’s a very common need to recheck contracts for anything nuanced and not easily expressed in attribute sections. 

@HollySimmons I will share this with the product team and get back to you. What would be the size of the file you are planning to upload?

On average it looks like our contracts are typically around 300kb, but sometimes are pushing closer to 900kb 

PS my original typo in the subject line is really bugging me, is that something you can change @sai_ram :joy:

On average it looks like our contracts are typically around 300kb, but sometimes are pushing closer to 900kb 

PS my original typo in the subject line is really bugging me, is that something you can change @sai_ram :joy:

@HollySimmons corrected it. 

@HollySimmons - One idea worth exploring is to leverage Embed Pages in C360. If you are using any cloud storage products such as Box.com, Google Drive, etc., you can create folder for each company, and incorporate the folder link in the Embed Page configuration. This will help you in accessing the folder on the cloud via Embed Page section in C360.

Adding to this - we use Google Drive but it’s locked down to users within our company so when you try to embed documents directly it simply shows a broken connection. Ideally, we could work around this by uploading the documents we wanted to keep in a section of the C 360. 

What if you still uploaded them via timeline, but all uploaded documents were accessible via the C360? It would make sense if documents are being uploaded already, that rather create a whole new upload process, just enable their display aggregated in one location? Basically, just the timeline filtered to show the attachments only?

Hey @sai_ram can we get this thread re-animated? There seem to be lots of clients out there (including us) for whom the “upload to timeline” and “insert link to Google Drive / Box” options do not work. Not looking to make Gainsight a Knowledge Management tool, just need to be able to attach < 1M files to the C360. Thx.

Any update on this? 

@HollySimmons - One idea worth exploring is to leverage Embed Pages in C360.

@kstim -- do you think embedding Confluence pages in C360 would solve any issues we might be working to solution?

Agreed with @CrooneyConexiom here:

Not looking to make Gainsight a Knowledge Management tool

While we’re not looking to move knowledge to Gainsight from our other systems, it’d be convenient if we could have the necessary pages accessible directly with within C360 so we can keep our CS folk within Gainsight, so they don’t have to keep track of them in their bookmarks.

@dayn.johnson Unsure on this but we can play around with embedded pages in the C360 if the need arises!