Attach files to Milestones

Related products: None

Our CSM team is looking for ways to quickly capture solution reviews or notes from meetings with customers. I believe the milestones could be the perfect section to do that, however, based on feedback I just received for the CSM team, a few things are left to be wanted:

1) Seperate section - Currently, the milestones is a subtab of the usage tile. Therefore, it's somewhat "hidden" and is not quickly visible. This would also allow the CSM team to have the option of not exposing this section to the account owners who currently only have a viewer license and see the C360 page through the account widget.

2) Click to add/edit text - Curently, there are too many clicks required in order to add a milestone. Ideally, the CSM team wants to be able to click and type (similar to how we edit the scorecard free-text area)

3) Attachments - During a call with a customer, its easier to cature notes in a free form document. Sometimes, after a solution review the notes are being formatted in a nicely formatted document and sent to the customer. It would be helpful to be able to attach these documents to the related milestone.

Thanks, Irit
Hi Irit,

Ref #1, although the formatting is different you should be able to create a "related list" on the C360 page from the Milestone object and it will (a) be it's own tile in the right hand rail so it's not hidden and (b) will be eligible to display on the account widget for your 'view only' licensed users.

Ref #2, I agree.  Too many clicks to create a milestone from the C360.  As I'm sure you know, it's only 1 click from a CTA.  But if you don't have a CTA and are trying to add one from the C360, then it's definitely too many clicks. I'd love a short cut myself!

Ref #3, I have another customer who would also like to attach files to milestones and I'll suggest that he 'like your post'.  :-)  

Hope to see you at Pulse in SF this week,

Elaine
And I'll add our wishlist item; which is that you can double-click on the milestone from the timeline (volume graph) to open it up and view comments and attachments.
Hi Guys, any update on attaching files to a Milestone? is it possible to Link Opportunities to Milestones?
Adding a vote for attaching files to milestones.
For capturing solution reviews and meeting notes, per the original idea, we have released our new Timeline feature. It offers a much better user experience for note-taking with support for rich-text, auto-save, etc. 

Milestones will also eventually be part of the Timeline, and there's a lot more we are planning to build over the next few releases. Please do give it shot and share your feedback on how we can improve it further.