At mention in Timeline (like chatter)

Related products: CS Timeline

One reason my customer is hesitant about using Timeline is that of the lack of @mention capabilities on the Timeline. As there can be multiple stakeholders, it is important for them to be informed when an action is needed of them. Can the product team provide an ETA on when this feature will be available?
This will be available during October or November timeframe.
Awesomeness!!
Still on track for the OCT/NOV timeframe? My customers are eagerly waiting for this to be released.
The current plan is to get onboard this feature in November release train.
I saw this was deployed, awesome!

I was testing and am not receiving the notification email when I'm tagged in a timeline post. Anyone else having this issue?

This is great!

I've also tested and am not seeing notification emails sent as well. Documentation seems to convey that the notification should be sent shortly after the tagged entry is logged, but not seeing that happen myself in either my inbox or spam filter.

Notifications will not be sent to self-tagged users (by design its implemented).

We also ran into this while trying to test. I've tried tagging myself and other individuals on our CS Ops team but nobody has received notifications.

Venkatesh I had a different user tag me and still didn't get the notification

My team would prefer to be able to @mention ourselves. There is value in getting an email copy you can then forward to others.

Yeah, I'd second that. Self-tagging via @mentioning and getting a notification can serve as a good reminder to revisit the timeline entry or just surface something in one's inbox.

Hi Scott,

Now we are getting notifications. Could you please check from you end and let us know.

And related to self-tagging its implementation by design makes us not to notify the author. If you see feel worthy please create enhancement request with your use case(s).

Kind Regard,

Venkatesh

Hi Scott,

Now we are getting notifications. Could you please check from you end and let us know.

And related to self-tagging its implementation by design makes us not to notify the author. Please create enhancement request with your use case(s) so that PM's can make a call accordingly.

Kind Regard,

Venkatesh

Confirmed that the notification functionality is now working

I added an idea/enhancement request you can find it here. Please feel free to add use cases.

https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/enhancement-to-self-select-mentions-in-timeline-5c128a6fe4b0ff4cdbcab739