Archive Old Playbooks

Related products: None

I'd like a way to archive old playbooks as opposed to simply deleting them. This would enable us to go back and review them to either revive part or all of them.

Hi Trevor!

I agree that this would be very helpful, especially as we're changing processes, it would be nice to keep some sort of version control.

I agree! Anything to keep things organized and clean is a VOTE for me!

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for sharing this. When you mean archive, is it having the ability to make a playbook inactive (so that it is not available to for use anymore)?

Also, do you see this happening a lot / making lot of playbooks inactive? Since showing inactive playbooks as well might the screen cluttered

Hi Kendra,

By version control, do you mean having multiple versions of the same playbook ? Or would having the ability to mark a playbook as inactive be sufficient?

Making inactive would support our use case. Today, we're copying over tasks and descriptions to a spreadsheet before we delete them so we don't lose the history.

Inactive is fine. Could we create a toggle like we have for the rules engine that allows us to show or hide active and inactive rules?

Got it.

Thanks for sharing this Trevor. Do you make playbooks inactive often / is that number high?

I posted this a few months ago and Gainsight PM said they had on their roadmap a plan to have "active"/"inactive" playbooks. That was 3 months ago.

I am not sure what number you are refering to, but I'd say we review playbooks a few times a year. As we gain users, across new functions, I also expect that number to grow.

I would also appreciate this! Or the ability to move the playbooks into an 'Archive' folder like we can now do with email templates.

I don't want to lose the playbooks we have created in case we decide to 'resucitate' them and would have to create them from scratch again

Agreed! We have a ton of old playbooks that we don't want to delete for reporting purposes, but we need to de-clutter our large library of playbooks. Archiving would solve this problem.

@aditya_marla Any update on the roadmap for this?

We're thinking of creating a workaround using a New "PLaybook Archive" CTA type.... This is not very ideal of course... but there doesn't seem to be another way to hide/organize old playbooks

Hey Faust, that's what we did too. We created a "Retired" CTA Type. Agree, not ideal, but the best we were able to do for now.

Cool - good to know! Thanks Jeff!

We actually brought this idea to our Gainsight CSM and the next day they adopted this practice internally. If they're doing this internally, I'd say it's best practice. :)

Well, ideally no one would be able to see or use archived playbooks anymore. This is definitely more of a workaround due to lack of a preferred method, but it works for now.

Yes, of course.

@All, We have raised this priority and added to product backlog. I will update you here once we push this to our release. You can expect this to be fixed in NXT. 

Thanks for bringing this up and happy posting!

Will this also be fixed in SFDC? We have no plans to move to NXT for a while….

Hi Anna,

Unfortunately, the current plan is to ship this feature only in NXT. 

Hello Everyone! 

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.14 release.  Previously, it was only possible to deprecate or make existing Cockpit picklists such as CTA Types/Reasons/Status/Priority/Snooze and Success Plan Templates/Types/Objective Categories inactive. Gainsight now supports deprecating and making Playbooks inactive.

Along with making Playbooks inactive, Gainsight also made some minor behavior changes to the following Cockpit and Success Plans assets while making them inactive:

• CTA Picklists
  • Success Plan Templates
  • Success Plan Types
  • Success Plan Objective Categories

This feature is implemented in only the NXT version.

Thanks for posting!

Hello Everyone! 

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.14 release.  Previously, it was only possible to deprecate or make existing Cockpit picklists such as CTA Types/Reasons/Status/Priority/Snooze and Success Plan Templates/Types/Objective Categories inactive. Now Gainsight supports deprecating and making Playbooks inactive.

Along with making Playbooks inactive, Gainsight also made some minor behavior changes to the following Cockpit and Success Plans assets while making them inactive:

• CTA Picklists
  • Success Plan Templates
  • Success Plan Types
  • Success Plan Objective Categories

This feature is implemented in only the NXT version.

Thanks for posting!