Appending the HTML tags in SFDC Fields, when Rich Text Area datatype contains the spaces or new lines while inserting into SFDC Fileds

Related products: None

Team,

When we are inserting/updating the data from Rich Text Area of MDA to Long Area (Text) & Long Area (Rich) of SFDC via Rules Engine, it is appending the HTML tags when the it contains the new lines or spaces in the source fields at the end of the content. Currently, this is because of some limitation. Can we enhance this in the future road map

+1 here, I’ve had this come up a few times recently as well!

Hi All,

If we provide the (optional) ability to strip off HTML tag in actions, would it solve the problem?

If the formatting can’t translate then that would help because currently, it’s almost unreadable in SFDC.

I am seeing this currently on every email being sent from GS to my internal contacts however it is not widespread across my team when doing the same action steps. There are about ½ of us seeing this 

Anything that can be done to fix would be amazing!! Our team is really struggling with this. Thanks! 

+1 affected company. I’m having this problem as well!

+1 from me. I have run into this as well in the past. You do need to make sure RTFs map to RTFs and LTFs to LTFs.

+1 - We are starting to see this with RTF fields here as well.

One good news here

We have picked this up for development and you can expect it in the next few releases. 

@rakesh Any chance it will be on the one coming out in the next couple of days?

@rakesh  - same question as @bradley

We are getting a lot of questions with some of our rules that we utilize for the renewals process due to the Rich Text Field rolling up to another field. 

thanks,

Cody 

@cnichols @jean.nairon @mr255405 et al the newest Gainsight Release seems to address this issue: https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Release_Notes/2021_Current_Release_Notes/12_Gainsight_NXT_Release_Notes_6.21_January_2021

Look for “Ability to Remove HTML Tags from Show me Fields”. Anyone implemented and it solved their problem?

@bradley @jean.nairon  - Initial view is below - still testing to ensure that I don’t run into any errors. 

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.21 release (SFDC / NXT). Admins can select the Don’t include HTML tags option if they want to remove the HTML tags from Rules Engine. 

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!