Any vs All Users

Related products: None

Not sure how I didn’t notice before, but I think the GS documentation should be explicit on the difference between ANY and ALL USERS in filters. Or really, ANY vs ALL as it likely is relevant in any context.

ANY (user) includes NULL values

ALL (users) includes records for which there is a value

This should be made clear in the Dashboard support articles here

https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Reports_and_Dashboards/Admin_Guides/Global_Filters_for_Dashboard

and here for the new Horizon Analytics

https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Reports_and_Dashboards/Horizon_Analytics/Admin_Guides/Global_Filters_For_Dashboards_(Horizon_Analytics)

Perhaps this is common knowledge but if you’re like me and slow on the uptake, or a new user this should really be stated.

@bradley thank you for sharing your knowledge here. I will also the confirm with the documentation team on this.

@bradley thank you for sharing your knowledge here. I will also the confirm with the documentation team on this.

Thanks! I might have made this a question on accident. I think it would be either a discussion or request.

Any literally means the filter is not applied. All users mean a filter is applied for all users. @sai_kumar FYI

@naga_gonaboyina FYI

Any literally means the filter is not applied. All users mean a filter is applied for all users. @sai_kumar FYI

Functionally the same, but still good to call out in the documentation explicitly.

I’ve been an admin for 2 years and this got me the other day with dashboard filters as I couldn’t understand why I was seeing discrepancies. I agree with this post. 

@sai_ram Can this be updated to a request? I must have accidentally made it a question originally, but it’s an ask to update something.

@sai_ram Can this be updated to a request? I must have accidentally made it a question originally, but it’s an ask to update something.

@bradley updated, thanks!

Hello All,
We have updated the Global Filters for Dashboard (SFDC, NXT) articles about ANY and ALL users with a note.
Thank you! 
FYI @sai_kumar @sai_ram 

Hello All,
We have updated the Global Filters for Dashboard (SFDC, NXT) articles about ANY and ALL users with a note.
Thank you! 
FYI @sai_kumar @sai_ram 

@naga_gonaboyina thanks for the update!!