AND, OR operators in UI Views

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

It seems that the only filter operator available in UI Views is 'AND'. Please add 'OR'
UI Filter Options really needs to be improved. There are limitations:

• Under

Specify Filter Criteria I can only have AND comparisons, and the limit is 10

• Under

Specify Report Params I am limited to 3 criteria

We recently created additional AM roles to distinguish the teams

under each manager. For a given manager, I have more than 3 sub roles. For

example for Manager for Team Kearney, I need criteria of:

Team HCLS OR Team Legal OR Team Majors OR Team SportsEnter.

The only option I see to create a view for the Team Kearney

Manager is to list all the role names as NOT EQUAL TO under the Specify Filter

Criteria section. This is very backwards. And there are more than 10 other roles, so the view is inaccurate.

The filtering options needs to be improve, and this component should take advantage of the Role Hierarchy and visibility to subordinates.

thanks

Kristin

I agree there needs to be enhancements to UI View filters and UI Views as a whole

A workaround I've used in the past is to create a formula field on the same object that concatenates all the fields that I'd like to use as filters. Then you can use one filter and the 'CONTAINS'/'DOES NOT CONTAIN' operators. Doesn't work for all scenarios but might help in the short-term.
Very clever! Will keep that in mind.
I am moving this into a feature request so product can have eyes on this. 
Thanks, Steve.  I think as long as the colorful Scorecard view is only available through UI views that it would be very helpful to have improvements to UI view filters.  This surfaced again today for another customer that I'm working with. 
Is this mainly a request for scorecard UI views? 
Fortunately, we are currently working on changing the backend configuration of UI view to be very similar to Report Builder interface, which has OR option and just a better UI. We will first do it for Relationship scorecards and then for Account scorecard UI view
Yes - The example that has been brought to my attention a few times is specific to the Scorecard UI view since it's very popular (& visually appealing). 
Also need OR capability for Customer lists. I need to create Customer Views for teams within our AM group. The only way to do this is via their Roles, so I need to be able to list multiple Roles in an OR relationship. Three is not enough...need atleast 6.
Ditto, Thanks Gaurav!!