Allow Tokens in Journey Orchestrator Email CC

Related products: None

Mostly what the title says. I’d like the ability in JO programs to use a token in the CC portion of sending emails out.

Use case: I have a CSAT survey and I want a conditional wait for an email that only sends on a low score to the case owner. I would like to CC their lead, but it may not be the same lead for each case owner so I can’t just put in a static email.

In this case a CTA is not a viable alternative.

Yes our Commercial CSM’s would like to be BCC’d on an any automatic comms being sent to their accounts (particularly tech-touch) so they are kept-in-the-loop 

@bradley  and @HollySimmons Thank you both of you for raising your request here. 

There is a lot happening on JO, let me check if this is part of it. Thanks!

Hello @HollySimmons 
In redesigned JO this will be addressed.

Hello @HollySimmons 
In redesigned JO this will be addressed.

Just saw this, awesome thank you!

Hi there - is there a timeline for this feature being shipped to prod? I see the status is “planned” with the most recent note about a year ago. Would be great to get a sense of when we might expect this new functionality to be available.

@PavanCh  to this convo

Yes, I too would like to have the CC functionality within JO to allow us to automatically send emails to the AE to keep them in the loop for contract renewals emails. 

One question that came up for me. With the enhancement in this post, will we also be able to send emails to people with a specific role in the same email (in the To: section, rather than CC)

As an example of the use case: we have a customer account with 3 admins, we’d like to have the ability to send 1 email to all 3 admins, as opposed to 3 individual emails. Is that something that will be covered with this enhancement as well? (from JO programs, w/ query builder logic)

Thank you for your help! 

Hi team, @bradley 

Simple programs today allows you to use tokens in the CC field. You may either use a token / a static value by directly typing it in.

The same support will be extended to the new redesigned advanced JO experience as well, which is currently under development.

One question that came up for me. With the enhancement in this post, will we also be able to send emails to people with a specific role in the same email (in the To: section, rather than CC)

As an example of the use case: we have a customer account with 3 admins, we’d like to have the ability to send 1 email to all 3 admins, as opposed to 3 individual emails. Is that something that will be covered with this enhancement as well? (from JO programs, w/ query builder logic)

Thank you for your help! 

@ralucagorbanescu - we have also added Grouped email support in Simple Programs where you can send one email as a group to all recipients belonging to a same company / relationship

Hi team, @bradley 

Simple programs today allows you to use tokens in the CC field. You may either use a token / a static value by directly typing it in.

The same support will be extended to the new redesigned advanced JO experience as well, which is currently under development.

Nice! Do you happen to have a general ETA on when that is/will be? Thanks!