Allow Timeline Activities to be Cloned

Related products: None

Right now, CSMs have to add a lot of the same information into Timeline Activities when they're creating them for the same account. A lot of them have requested that they be cloneable and then editable (similar to the functionality for rules).
Thanks for the post.  Can you explain a bit more about why the CSMs feel the need to clone?  Under what situations would this be useful?
Often CSMs have weekly syncs with the same customer contacts and attendees at each of these, and they find it cumbersome to have to fill in this info every time. Does that help?
Got it.  Yes, that makes total sense. 
thank you for clarifying!
We'd love to have the ability to clone Timeline activities for very similar reasons as noted above.  
+1 - Any update on this?

Need this ASAP please!

This would make keeping meeting agendas, notes, and to do’s.  When you start to prep for the next meeting, you clone the last one and start to update. This was a feature I loved in my previous note taking tool (rhymes with OneNote) that will make the transition to gainsight even easier.

@andrew_cummins and @Jim Maxwell Thanks for bringing this request back. We have shipped a lot of new features in last release . 

Redirecting this request to our product team. 

I came here today to make the “clone timeline activity” enhancement request and find several are ahead of me. My company has Strategic CSMs who meet weekly with the same people and follow largely the same meeting agenda. Having the ability to ‘clone’ a previous timeline activity would be a great timesaver. They would only need to tweak the meeting notes for each new meeting.

Any updates from the Product Team? Is this under review or has it been added to the roadmap? Thank you for any update.

I have CSMs asking for this functionality also in our org.

This is a valid ask but, We don’t have an immediate plan to support this as the team is occupied with other High-Priority items. Adding it to our long-term roadmap.

I just wanted to put in another vote for this functionality.  We have only been using Gainsight for 2 weeks, and CSM’s are already asking for the ability to clone activities.  Please make this a short-term roadmap item, as it would be a huge help for CSM’s.  Thank you!

One more vote for the ability to clone timeline activities! This should definitely be short-listed as it would save me a lot of time adding bulk emails. 

This would be very helpful for our org, especially our high-touch segment that frequently has to log 10+ attendees in their recurring meeting Timeline entries, which can get quite tedious as you can imagine. Would be much easier if they could clone a previous entry where those attendees were already filled out.

Yes! Either clone the activities or allow end users to create their own templates that has specific attendees already listed. My CSMs complain about having to find the same list of people every week for our high-touch customers that have weekly syncs.

@soumitrasahu interesting usecase here.